Windows ☆ Build #1
Image Image

[CASE/PSU] ANTEC ISK 110 VESA / 90W ($80)
[CPU/GPU] Intel Celeron G1610 55W / Intel HD Graphics ($43)
[MOBO] GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI LGA 1155 USB3.0 SATA-III HDMI S/PDIF UEFI ($99)
[RAM] Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) 240-pin DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1.5V ($41)
[SSD] ADATA Premier Pro SP600 32GB SATA-III 2.5" Read:360MB/s Write:130MB/s ($50)
TOTAL: $313

Pros?
* FULL 2D 1080P Ready!!
* Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER!!
* Built-in WiFi!!
* Built-in Bluetooth!!
* 1 x HDMI output!!
* 2 x SATA-III ports!!
* 1 x Optical (S/PDIF) output!!
* 4 x USB 3.0 ports!!
* 2 x USB 2.0 ports!!

Cons?
* won't do FULL 3D 1080P!!
* no Multi Card Reader slot!!
Hi eskro, very new here to the htpc world. I've been using xbmc on my MacBook , Apple TV, raspberry pi and pivos xios but lack of dts hd and dd true hd is really bothering me. I would like to try a build like you guys. Will this build support hd codecs?
the first two bullet points in the pros list:

* FULL 2D 1080P Ready!!
* Bitstreams DOLBY TRUE-HD & DTS-HD MASTER!!
The G1610 is the miracle chip with what it can do for $43.
as rip_king said, yes, it will do what you want Canyaya!

and to take Dougie's words, yes, i truly believe its a miracle chip at that price!

Tongue
Thanks for all the great info guys.

Do you feel this MB/CPU will perform well not just as a Windows 7 box running XBMC, but as an OpenELEC PC? I'm planning on going dual boot with Win 7. From what I've read, if you're running Linux your best bet is an Nvidia GPU. I can't seem to find an Intel based MB (aside from Atom models) that has an Nvidia GPU onboard.

If I need it to perform in both Windows and Linux do you have a different suggestion? Or should this be adequate?
The G1610 will be fine in win7
Hi I am new to the forums. I have been reading and researching over the different builds for days, This build could be the best option for me (build for €240).

I want something that can run windows so I can use Netflix and other video TV web services , But I also want a great xbmc experience , fast fluid menus, browse through a large catalog of moves quickly . like the 6 pack video look a 44 seconds in, this is the performance I want http://vimeo.com/40845343

What I am concerned about on this build is the noise of the fan on the G1610 , I found a clip on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGUOeUdFmU seems to noisy for a htpc

This is the case I had planned to go with http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledet...&agid=1199

Can anyone advise me on how they find this build with regards to noise levels?

Will I get the performance I looking for?.
I'm considering buying this setup. However I want to use XBMC in it's full glory, which means heavy skins and quite some add-ons. I want to use this machine solely for this purpose. But while having those requirements I want XBMC to run as smooth as a baby's ass.

I have a NAS system running with hundreds of movies and TV shows so (with the heavy skins in mind) will this be a problem when it comes to interface speed? The metadata is being stored on the NAS aswell.
Great questions, was researching and read the same thing about those issues...think for under $50 it does a lot that others don't ...if you want to have it perfect you gotta spend the money though $50 ......or $250+ for a chip, but for $50 it smokes a lot of $100-$150+ chips out of the water.

I can't seem to find the motherboard suggested in the build around my area, don't like ordering online in case of issues...
Does anyone know of any other mobo's similar to the gigabyte one hat will match up nice with the 1610 with all the features including wifi/bluetooth and that is pretty solid?

So far i came across this one but not sure about msi, heard bad things ....been to stick to intel, asus or gigabyte for mobo's.

MSI H61M-E33/W8 Intel H61 Motherboard - MicroATX, Intel H61 Chipset, 2x DIMM, DDR3, Socket 1155, PCIe, SATA, USB 2.0, LAN, VGA, HDMI, DirectX 11

Any goods suggestions for under $100?
Look at the ECS H61H2-TI motherboard.
Very nice for the price!

What would I do for wifi with this motherboard? USB wifi adaptor or will it handle a pcie card?
It comes with a WiFi mini PCIe card.
Where did you pick it up with the wifi/Bluetooth. I did a search and can't seem to find that it includes the wifi/Bluetooth?
What do you think of this board. I can't find the -H3D mentioned in the assassin build ... but came across this , its a bit slimmer too , 24x17 as opposed to 23x24 like the H3D and other micros

Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 Intel B75 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel B75 Chipset, 1600 MHz DDR3, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, SuperSpeed USB 3.0

Has anyone had any builds with it and a g1610?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows ☆ Build #10