• 8(current)
AMD Kabini Boards
I got the ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi great board (great bios). (AMD A4-5000)

With OE 4.0.6 i got at live TV (Mpeg2 SD, Mpeg4 HD) a lot of dropped and skipped frames even with nearest neighbour scaling i got skipped frames even at sd channels (di activated or deactivated makes no difference).
SD Xvid files are stuttering like hell with activated VDPAU for Mpeg4 (without xvid runs well). CPU is around 4x15% while playing.

At the moment (looks like kernel/driver problem) not recommend for running at OpenElec 4.0.6 (Kernel 3.14).
The last kabinis we tested prior to 4.0 release worked quite well. 4.0.6 got some "fixes" that were never meant to land in oe 4.0 - try to compare the performance to a nightly oe build with kernel 3.15.2 and mesa 10.2. Currently it's best to compile manually and revert the gcc 4.9 bump, this is still a nightmare and produces shitty code (no joking).

On my testings I can easily do the following:

- Upscale 720p50 live tv to 1080p with lanczos 3 optimized with vdpau
- Watch 1080i50 live tv with Temporal deinterlacing with vdpau
- Also watching the famous dogsample 1080p60 content works flawless

It does not make sense to upscale 1080 content or similar dimensions with hq scalers, therefore I set "Use HQ Scalers when scaling above" 20%.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Upscale is already at 20% ( you mentioned it somewhere else Smile )

AMD VDPAU for xvid (mpeg4) should work ? (i got the same issue with 4.0.x and my Nvidia GT610 but only on files with relative old compile dates)

-edit-
- latest OE4.2 (r18646-ge82f811) same issues (no video with vdpau runs ok !!!! at least fps skip like at 4.0.6)
- gcc revert results in broken compile (not that easy to revert, possible that i miss some files)
- Software rendering is working (0 drops / skips) but only bilinear scaler :/ (but better then with VDPAU and same settings)

did you have an useable image ?
Hi guys,

We're interested in building media centre based on XBMC and ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi and I can see there were some issues.. Are they resolved? We want to build it using Radeon OSS with vdpau, is this correct approach for this (APU has integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8330 Graphics, UVD 4.2)? Thanks for confirmation, guys!

K
Hi I'm planning to build a media center based on Asrock qc5000-itx/ph on Windows. I would like to use the Hyperion addon which relies on Rendercapture feature. Do you know if it is working with dxva(2) hardware acceleration ?
(2014-05-09, 21:24)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Well, look at this little beauty that just showed up on Newegg.com:

ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU Mini ITX Motherboard $98.99 + shipping

ASRock product page: http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/QC5000-ITXWiFi/index.asp

AMD FT3 Kabini A4-5000 Quad-Core APU
All Solid Capacitor design
Supports DDR3 1600
1 PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 mini-PCIe
Graphics Output Options : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort
Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8330 Graphics, DX11.1, PS5.0
6 x USB 3.0 (2 Front, 4 Rear), 6 x USB 2.0, 4 x SATA3, 1 x COM Port Header
Realtek Gigabit LAN
7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)
WLAN : 1 x 802.11n Module, 1 x ASRock WiFi 2.4GHz Antenna
Supports ASRock Full Spike Protection, A-Tuning, XFast LAN, XFast RAM, USB Key

How does this compare to the AM1 boards and cpu
Hello,

I'm looking into buying a new HTPC to run kodi on, but i have a question about the a4-5000 chipset. I've searched the internet quite a bit, but couldn't find a clear answer.
Is it possible to playback 4k content on the a4-5000 with kodi running on either ubuntu or openelec?

Or should i look for a solution like the intel NUC i3's?

Thanks in advance!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Kabini Boards0