How to add a list of cartoons without episodes?
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i figured i will give it a try.

I downloaded Duck Tales and Winnie the pooh adventures for my daughter. The file all came in one folder without episode numbers or seasons so i cant really use tvdb for it.

What i actualy want to do is to have a folder call Duck Tales under TV Shows on xbmc and have all of the video file under that folder, i dont need the images for each episode or anything of that sort, i just want it to be simple so that my daughter can operate. I want her to see the show name, open it and select any episode she wants.

Any way to do it?
You can use the filemode - that's going to be simple:
Install XBMC and open it up, click on the button "Videos" in the homescreen - then you can add a source by clicking "Add New...". Now look for the folder which contains the TV Shows and select it as the source. Select "None" in the upcoming screen and click OK. Afterwards you'll see the folder "TV Shows" in the Video-Menu, so click on it and you will see a list of folders inside that folder from point on you can navigate through the Shows.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Another way is to use Ember Media Manager to scrape and rename all your shows to XBMC-compliant naming scheme so that they are recognized as a standard TV show. Or you could organize it with a batch re-namer?
If you go with just the plain files view, you can add files folders directly to the home screen using a skin that allows custom home items. Some examples include Transparency, Aeon Nox, Hybrid, and more. If you like the default skin (Confluence) look, you can use this Confluence mod: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147628
If you want you could also use my 'Episode Name - File Renamer' to add the season/episode information to your files as long as the episode names are included somewhere in the filenames. Once renamed with my script, you should have no problems importing into the library.

I wrote it originally for Looney Tunes, but it should work fine with your shows too. Follow the instructions here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1426648
Thanks for the ideas, i need it to be as simple as possible for my daughter

(2013-06-11, 22:50)Ned Scott Wrote: If you go with just the plain files view, you can add files folders directly to the home screen using a skin that allows custom home items. Some examples include Transparency, Aeon Nox, Hybrid, and more. If you like the default skin (Confluence) look, you can use this Confluence mod: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147628

Im using the Transparency skin, how do i go about doing what you suggested?
Find the folder you want to add, bring up the contextual menu and select "add to favorites".

Then go to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Menu

Scroll to one of the "Custom" options, enable it, select "Favorite:" and it should list the folder you added

Enter a title for that menu item, and then you're done.
Name the files properly.
(2013-07-05, 22:15)nickr Wrote: Name the files properly.

That's not easy with loony toons...
The examples wereduck tails and winnie the pooh. I looked at duck tales on tvdb and it seemed to have an orderly season /episode structure. Admittedly i didnt look at wtp.

Loonie tunes i can see being problematic.
(2013-07-06, 13:21)nickr Wrote: The examples wereduck tails and winnie the pooh. I looked at duck tales on tvdb and it seemed to have an orderly season /episode structure. Admittedly i didnt look at wtp.

Loonie tunes i can see being problematic.

Doh, I must have read "Loony Toons" from the other reply.
(2013-07-05, 15:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Find the folder you want to add, bring up the contextual menu and select "add to favorites".

Then go to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Menu

Scroll to one of the "Custom" options, enable it, select "Favorite:" and it should list the folder you added

Enter a title for that menu item, and then you're done.

Thanks so much for the help Ned,

I add the folder called Cartoon which has all the cartoon folders under Video i then added that folder to Fav, i then did what you suggested under skin settings. Now i have a new item on the home screen called Cartoons but when i open it its empty and nothing comes up. I tested the actual Fav link and that worked fine and i could see all the folders. What am i doing wrong?

btw im using Eden and the Transparency Skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add a list of cartoons without episodes?0