Quartz OSD
Dear all,

i'm running the Quartz skin on Frodo on a 2012 Mac Mini. Input device is the Apple Remote (aluminium). Everything is very smooth and looks great.

One thing i'm having trouble with though is the OSD.

When i press the play/pause button on the apple remote the video pauses and a simple OSD is displayed with played and remaining time along with the usual blue progress bar. However, it does not show the expanded OSD with buttons for ffwd, rewind, stop, pause and most importantly settings. (This is the OSD which is shown when the "m" key is pressed on the keyboard when watching a video.)

This is important to me as i use subtitles a lot and would like to be able to access the settings and subtitles over the OSD using the apple remote.

Can anyone tell me how i can make the expanded OSD appear as standard when pressing the play/pause button on the apple remote?

Thanks,
R

Simple OSD when pausing with apple remote:

Extended OSD when pressing "m" on the keyboard:

Welcome Smile

What happens if you hold SELECT button?

Once in OSD use UP to quickly jump to settings (gear) icon on the right. Also, see XBMC wiki for more info about using Apple silver remote in XBMC.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-12, 15:06)pecinko Wrote: Once in OSD use UP to quickly jump to settings (gear) icon on the right. Also, see XBMC wiki for more info about using Apple silver remote in XBMC.

OMG, it's so easy. This is one thing i actually don't like in Quartz - i have to click a lot to navigate to the subtitles button. Image
(2013-06-12, 15:17)relyter Wrote:
(2013-06-12, 15:06)pecinko Wrote: Once in OSD use UP to quickly jump to settings (gear) icon on the right. Also, see XBMC wiki for more info about using Apple silver remote in XBMC.

OMG, it's so easy. This is one thing i actually don't like in Quartz - i have to click a lot to navigate to the subtitles button. Image

LOL

UP, click, click and subtitles are being downloaded Smile With custom keymap.xml you can make it one click download Smile

BTW, UP shortcut works the same way in music OSD.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-06-12, 15:29)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-06-12, 15:17)relyter Wrote:

LOL

UP, click, click and subtitles are being downloaded Smile With custom keymap.xml you can make it one click download Smile

BTW, UP shortcut works the same way in music OSD.

Yeah, when i used Quartz i binded Harmony button to "RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)" just to avoid "right,right,right,OK,up,up,OK". Stupid me Smile))
(2013-06-12, 15:06)pecinko Wrote: Welcome Smile

What happens if you hold SELECT button?

Once in OSD use UP to quickly jump to settings (gear) icon on the right. Also, see XBMC wiki for more info about using Apple silver remote in XBMC.

Hi pecinko,

many thanks for the quick reply :-)

Holding select does the same as just pressing select - it pauses / plays.

I tried pausing and then pressing up quickly but it just adjusts the volume up.

I've now mapped the select button to input the keyboard stroke "m" when held - this works and brings up the extended OSD. However, it doesn't pause the video and simply shows the OSD on top of the playing images. This is not a perfect solution but it does work okay as i can just pause with the pause button and when required hold select to access the other options.

It should be noted that i am running Remote Buddy as i use a number of other applications with the apple remote. Perhaps everything works slightly differently when not running Remote Buddy.

Cheers,
R
Sorry, I have no experience with r.buddy. However my advice would be to disable it, get familiar with Xbmc remote first and afterwards switch it back on and modify as you wish.

Default xbmc keymap is short Select to pause, long Select for OSD. There are also short and long left/right etc.
(2013-06-13, 09:14)pecinko Wrote: Sorry, I have no experience with r.buddy. However my advice would be to disable it, get familiar with Xbmc remote first and afterwards switch it back on and modify as you wish.

Default xbmc keymap is short Select to pause, long Select for OSD. There are also short and long left/right etc.

Ok, thanks.

I'll give it a try without remote buddy and report back.

R

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quartz OSD0