wtf is going on with openelec?
not having a good week with this. the server that hosts my media had the kernel updated which broke nfs on my openelec box. upgrading openelec to 3.0.4 fixed it. then i used it today and it was updated to 3.0.5 which promptly re-broke it. i cannot figure out what is going on because the openelec site is now forbidden for some reason. anyone else experiencing this?
They're having some site issues. They've posted this mirror URL on their Twitter account for people to access downloads: http://mirror1.openelec.tv/releases/

You can follow their Twitter feed here: https://twitter.com/OpenELEC
ah, ok. thanks for the info. but apart from the website issues, has anyone had any similar nfs issues with 3.0.5?
How do you mean "broke nfs"? I had to rebuild my library because the nfs mounts I had in autostart.sh stopped working - but it was about time I migrated to XBMC's internal nfs stuff anyway, and they're working fine.
before 3.0.4 openelec used an older version of nfs that caused errors when trying to connect to a server that had kernel 3.9.x or higher. when openelec updated to 3.0.5 the issue returned. but i believe my problem was unrelated because nothing in the updated changed that.
Do you use NFS from within XBMC or did you mount NFS on the openelec system ?
i just used the gui to browse through nfs and selected my media sources.
Yep, OS NFS appears to be broken in OE 3.0.5, although XBMC NFS continues to work.

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.6.11 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jun 13 14:08:48 BST 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # more /etc/release
RPi.arm-devel-20130613140824-r14116
rpi512:~ # mount -t nfs  192.168.0.3:/mnt/share/media /storage/freenas
mount: mounting 192.168.0.3:/mnt/share/media on /storage/freenas failed: Connection refused

The above is trying to mount NFS from a FreeNAS 8.3.1 server.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
merging your 2 oppinions suggests that both are broken ;o)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just chatting on irc and it seems the nolock option is now required for OS mounts in recent builds of OE (after 28 May), however this isn't intended behaviour so I'm currently building a version with a handful of commits reverted.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The nolock problem is introduced by the removal of the rpcbind package on 29 May, which will need to be reverted.

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...57559eb46d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wtf is going on with openelec?0