Solved Bluray rips stuttering playback
I've got a Core2 Quad with 8GB RAM and a GT520 for GPU decoding. 99% of my media plays back fine with no issues. Even turning off GPU acceleration plays back smooth except for certain files. The other day I ripped my Firefly blurays using MakeMKV and selected only the DTS-MA (Master Audio) stream as my receiver can decode it. The playback is terrible. I've tried turning GPU acceleration on and off but it makes no difference. I also noticed this with another movie I have with DTS-MA, but others with it work fine. Is there something I'm missing that isn't included in XBMC? A codec perhaps? This machine was just rebuilt so it has a fresh copy of Win7 x64 on it with just XBMC 12.2 on it.

Thanks
Try switching between fullscreen and windowed mode that fixed this issue for me.
Htpc A6-3500,Gygabyte GA-A75M-D2H,Samsung 830 64gb ssd,GSkills ripjaws 2x4gb,Apevia xmaster case with 500w psu,
Asus black internal bluray drive,logitech k400 wireless keyboard.
(2013-06-12, 15:04)kerlin219 Wrote: Try switching between fullscreen and windowed mode that fixed this issue for me.

I was in full screen mode, although windowed plays it back the same.
Tried changing between wasapi and direct sound in the audio settings?
(2013-06-12, 16:40)teeedubb Wrote: Tried changing between wasapi and direct sound in the audio settings?

I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight. By switching it away from the HDMI output though I would definitely lose the ability to play the audio in HD right?
It will still output via HDMI, just use a different api for sound.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Windows_audio_APIs
@teeedubb You're a genius! I switched it from DirectSound to WASAPI and it worked. Thanks!
This is why there is a sticky on the top of the windows subforum Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray rips stuttering playback0