Lock screen on adding SMB share
Hello.

I cannot add an SMB and need some help.

My server is a Mythbuntu box with a 2TB drive that contains my music collection. I setup this box to have a samba server. This machine has a static IP. I setup a user and password for this share.

I have a living room pc also running ubuntu and XBMC. On this machine I was only able to add a SMB share by first mounting the server's share, in my case to /media/SMB. I edited fstab to do this so it happens on every boot. This works perfectly, mounting the share first, then using XBMC to add it as a location (rather using XBMC to access a samba share over the network.)

A separate windows 7 box and a separate windowsxp box can also read this samba share perfectly.

I now have a raspberrypi running Raspbmc.

I would really like to use XBMC to add the same samba share, however I would like to use XBMC to add a SMB source. Every time I attempt to add the samba share I am able to find it, but when the Lock Screen prompts me for the user name and password, the password seems to always be rejected. I enter the password, click Done, and within a few seconds RasbpBMC takes me back to the username / password screen with the password blanked out.

When I type the password, the characters are replaced by **'s. Would this be a problem?

Anyone know how to solve this?
I am having the exact same problem on a recent install of xbmcbuntu on an i3 based system. The shares work fine in the desktop / openbox of xbmcbuntu... I can't figure it out

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock screen on adding SMB share0