Manually adding Biography Information Data in Artist Info
Is there a way to add Artist Biography / Discography information for the music database? A lot of the artists I have, the scrapper programs won't pick up on, but if there's a way to put an info file or something with the correct syntax in the artist folder, I'd be in someone's debt.
Create a .nfo file in the artist folder (for biography) or album folder (for review). Example here but easier to export existing library and copy one of the nfo's that were found by the scraper. You then refresh your artist info and say ignore search the internet so it reads your local nfo file instead.
...and if you don't have a /artist/album/ folder structure, it gets more difficult. You can export the library to single file, edit the biography information, and then import it. If you find that artist entries are missing, then you have to add them yourself or take steps similar to this;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166228
Interesting. Seems like Frodo makes it easier for people to add stuff of their own accord. Is it really that easy by just creating an .nfo file and following along the layout?
Yes, it is that easy.
Surely the right thing to do is to add the bio to the database, though, so it's available for everyone?
The bio will be added to the database when it scans the nfo file...... or are you talking about the online scraper db?
The things you find out by asking. Thanks for the help. Big Grin
One more question. How do I disable internet search to keep the artist info from scrapping automatically?
You don't need to. If XBMC finds a valid nfo file in the artist or album folder it will use this in preference to searching the internet. Suggest you give it a try,
1. create or edit an nfo for one of your artists using a text editor like Notepad++,
2. once saved as artist.nfo in your chosen artist's folder bring up the context menu for that item in the library and select artist information
3. in the information screen choose refresh
4. Bob's your uncle

Let us know if this doesn't work.
AHAHAHA. IT WORKS. Thanks guys. You've saved me an awful lot of headaches.
(2013-06-13, 00:17)whitebelly Wrote: The bio will be added to the database when it scans the nfo file...... or are you talking about the online scraper db?

I was thinking of the scraper db - theaudiodb.com, for example. That way, everyone benefits from your bio text, just as we all benefit from everyone else's text.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually adding Biography Information Data in Artist Info0