Force Update Info
Hi guys,
First I wanted to congratulate to the developers and community for making such a wonderful piece of software!
I've set-up "Frodo" (with Aexon skin) on Win7 (64 bit) and I have a NAS with all my media stored. Most of the movie already had a moviesheet/thumbinal and metadata (in .tgmd format) in their folder because I have a WDTV in my living room (right now I'm testing XBMC to eventually build an HTPC).
I added all the relevant folders (over SAMBA because NFS I'ts quirky in Win7 64) and let XBMC do its work: it detected almost every movie, but many of them (60-70%) had some issue (instead of the genre a "Name" tag popped under the movie title and many were missing any fanart, but all of them had a proper thumb).
I found out that if I select a movie->view movie info->update->ignore local data and just let it update (in most cases the manual movie selection pop-up lists only one movie, so my input isn't really needed) all the issues (genre tag and fanart) are gone.
So I was wondering: do I have to manually repeat these procedure for each of my "bugged" movies (there are quite a few) or is there a way to force an update of all the movie infos (ignoring any local data)?
Few things I've noted:
-Deleting the .nfo and .tgmd file in the movie folder and updating the library does not work
-If I delete the .nfo file of a movie I manually fixed, XBMC still keeps the fixed infos...where does it store them?

Thanks for any help you may give me!
Delete .nfo and related file, delete source from xbmc, add source in xbmc and scrape again.

M.
(2013-06-12, 18:50)melagodo Wrote: Delete .nfo and related file, delete source from xbmc, add source in xbmc and scrape again.

M.
That worked, thanks!
Still I have no idea why it didn't work on the first try, but I guess it's one of the mystery of software Tongue
(2013-06-12, 18:50)melagodo Wrote: delete source from xbmc, add source in xbmc and scrape again.
You don't actually need to delete the source, just change the content (via the context menu) to "None" and choose to remove everything from the library (and then change the content back to movies). Doing it this way will preserve the watched status for files.

You still need to delete the .nfo files, though.
(2013-06-12, 20:11)scudlee Wrote:
(2013-06-12, 18:50)melagodo Wrote: delete source from xbmc, add source in xbmc and scrape again.
You don't actually need to delete the source, just change the content (via the context menu) to "None" and choose to remove everything from the library (and then change the content back to movies). Doing it this way will preserve the watched status for files.

You still need to delete the .nfo files, though.
Well I deleted the source, but the watched status was kept anyway so...all good for me Smile
(2013-06-12, 21:47)Flashgun Wrote: Well I deleted the source, but the watched status was kept anyway so...all good for me Smile

Good to know. I've always assumed the deleting the source was more destructive in that regard (which is why I mentioned the alternative).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force Update Info0