Ouya and Network Play
For some reason my Ouya will not play files off a network drive. They show up just fine in the menu. They'll even display the information pulled from the internet about the movie. I just can't get the movies to play. They are in m4v format with no drm.

Help xbmc community. You're my only hope.

[Edit:] The files play fine if I load them directly onto the Ouya, they just won't play over the network. It's the network drive is on a Mac, connecting over a windows network protocol. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
* davilla hints something about xbmc.log
Exact same problem... Exact same setup as OP
(2013-06-28, 08:22)smlltwntheory Wrote: Exact same problem... Exact same setup as OP

debug log (wiki) needed.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32747
Did anyone else had success in using samba on android? Looks like a problem with libsmbclient to me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
SMB/NFS/FTP haven't worked (for me) when using XBMC for Android. I found this PR (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2753) and tried a build after it was merged and that works... or at least it displays video. The audio plays really fast and it's choppy.
I can play files over a windows share connected through an airport extreme base station. I cant copy them to a usb hard drive in the file manager though.(NTSF)
Well i tried it yesterday with android 4.1.2 on odroidx and latest nightly ... nfs and smb access worked flawless for me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
That's interesting Memphiz. I'm using an odroid-u2 and audio is jacked using the latest nightly.

Looking at the libstagefright thread, it looks like the audio / dropped frames in android nightlie is a known issue. Here's a reference thread without much detail: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167733
I have multiple Android devices (Jellybean) and the Ouya connecting via SMB to my FreeNAS server. No issues.
same here
(2013-07-04, 02:00)bug9999 Wrote: That's interesting Memphiz. I'm using an odroid-u2 and audio is jacked using the latest nightly.

Looking at the libstagefright thread, it looks like the audio / dropped frames in android nightlie is a known issue. Here's a reference thread without much detail: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167733

You got me wrong. I stated the pure access to smb and nfs. Playback is jacked for me too (known issue as you already stated).
I recently got my Ouya. Here are my first impressions.

I installed the Gotham alpha 1 build posted in the Wiki section. Playback is great and smooth (even +20gb's mkv's), but skipping forward (30s and 10mn) is not perfect yet. Pushing right or up on the d-pad makes the movie go back for 0.5s and then forward. It's almost smooth.

The gui is extremely fluid in all sections except when navigating to and in a SMB share. It takes like 10s before a share is opened and 2s before being able to open a movie folder. When my entire movie folder is scanned to the library (I have 1500 movies) it takes 10s as well to open the library from the home menu. Scrolling down the list of movies in the library is not as smooth as I would want. There is some improvement possible there.

If it can help, I will post a debug log.
Thanks to all the devs taking time to improve android support for XBMC!
Sounds like weak network for your ouya ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya and Network Play0