Bug SQL database - open error probing input format
i have recently setup a computer in my house to directly host files, and run a SQL databse from.
everything went fine with the install

it is Running Windows 8 Pro, i have used WAMP to setup the sql server. everything looked good untill i started to add the sources and do a library update.

the source is added fine and i can play the files from the file list but i do not get a library Tab in XBMC, on any system

i have a laptop running Openelec 3.02
and i have a RPi runnning the same, both have the advanced settings teh same
both have the soruces and passwords the same and everything works minus hte library.

the SQL database populates the MYVIDEO75 library with the files but the log says the same error for every single movie i have.

this is a snip of the error

"
01:55:20 T:2954885952 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://192.168.1.103/T/movies/2001 A Space Odessey.mkv
01:55:22 T:2954885952 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://192.168.1.103/T/movies/247 Degrees Fahrenheit.avi
01:55:29 T:2908748608 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://192.168.1.103/T/movies/50 50.avi
01:55:31 T:2954885952 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
01:55:32 T:2908748608 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://192.168.1.103/T/movies/A Walk In The Clouds.avi
01:55:32 T:2908748608 ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
01:55:33 T:2954885952 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
01:55:34 T:2908748608 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, smb://192.168.1.103/T/movies/A Time To Kill.mkv
01:55:34 T:2908748608 ERROR: ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer
01:55:35 T:2908748608 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-4 part 2
01:55:37 T:2908748608 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
"

again i can play the files in the file list but it does not create a library for me, and i do not know what to do.
What version of MySQL are you using? The latest (5.6.x) has created issues with XBMC's libraries. Use 5.5.3.x instead.
Full debug log with debugging turn on would be needed. Also, pasted via a paste site. See Debug log (wiki).
I apologies for not stating version. I have this package installed

Apache 2.2.22 – Mysql 5.5.24 – PHP 5.3.13 XDebug 2.1.2 XDC 1.5 PhpMyadmin 3.4.10.1 SQLBuddy 1.3.3 webGrind 1.

I had read there were issues with other SQL setups and that the easiest was to use this in order to have the most simplistic setup available.
I am trying to load the log file to pastebin but it is locking up the browser. lol :S

here is the first log if the second loads into I will post it here after

http://pastebin.com/emiiWcA2

thank you all for the support.
Anyone have anything on this?
I still cannot find a solution to this issue, is there another thread that covers this?
I saw over on the Plex forums that a similar problem was solved by deleting the source, readding it and then refreshing the library.

Not sure if that would work for you, but if you're library is already in separate files, then it won't hurt to try.
Looks to me like a permissions error. openelec can read the directory (and hence get a list of filenames) but cannot open the file itself. It can scrape the movie metadata (because that only requires the filename) but not get a thumbnail or codec info (because that requires opening the file itself).

Well that's my theory anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As per jhhoffma.

I removed all sources from the file list tab, I then rather than browse for the directory. I manually put in the destination . ie.

\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\Drive\folder

so far so good seems all libraries across all systems are updating as it is scanned on the main server.

thanks for that. I am assuming that it is a glitch in the way it tries to setup the database. and by resetting it. it just gave it a bump start.

if I see anything else I will post. but so far it looks like it is finally working.
According to someone from the openelec forum I'm having the same problem.

So I removed all sources and typed in: \\192.168.1.109\Multimedia\movies\ (same for tv shows) and on my W7 Ultimate x64 pc the share gets added, but 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' don't show up in the xbmc main menu.

On my raspberry pi I get the following message:

"Unable to connect

Could not retrieve directory information.
This could be due to the network not being connected.
Would you like to add it anyway?"

I pressed yes to try it anyway and also on the raspberry the sources get added, but 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' don't show up in the xbmc main menu.
Which is strange, because I've been using the raspberry pi for weeks with browsed shared folders and it worked fine...

I CAN playback files on my PC, but not my raspberry (obviously). The content for the shares is set correct to Movies and TV Shows and I did not have hidden the main menu buttons.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
You have to user / not \, and formatted as

smb://IP.address.here/folders/
that works, thank you! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL database - open error probing input format0