A few XBMC issues...
Hey, I hope you can help me to finish my new HTPC. Currently I'm having a few issues with XBMC and Windows.

First of all here's my new setup:

- ASRock FM2A85X-ITX
- AMD A6 5400K
- G.Skill ECO DIMM Kit 4GB
- Samsung SSD 840 Series 120GB
- picoPSU-120 + 80W Adapter Power Kit
- Lian Li PC-Q09FNB
- COHauS CIR CIR2-01
- Windows 8 Pro 64 bit + XBMC 12.2
- Onkyo TX-NR515 AV-Receiver

1) Audio sometimes doesn't work. I'm using WASAPI HDMI with my Onkyo AV-Receiver. The Output device isn't listed in the windows sound panel. After a restart it works without problems. I've found a good HowTo here and tried an EDID Override, but that's make no changes. All HDMI settings like CEC are disabled in the AV-Receiver options.

2) When pausing a video for more than a minute the sound suspends for a second. I tried all video synchronization settings, but without success.

3) On some TV-Series the refresh rate changes to 24hz and then to the correct refresh rate of 50hz. My default refresh rate is 50hz and I've the refresh rate option enabled. I think this only happens with XVID Videos.

4) I'm using a Harmony 200 with the MCE Keyboard Profile. I can start the HTPC with the remote, that works fine. I've configured in the local policys that the energy button shutdown the pc. This doesn't work sometimes. After the second hit on the power button the pc shuts down.
Moved to Windows support.
No Ideas yet? Huh
1) Some sort of handshaking issue, suggest you go over to the Onkyo forums and see what they say. I've found issues if I first open up on my home system to do some file sorting etc, close down and then open up on the TV, the audio doesn't follow... and I have to manually re-set (sometimes a restart is needed).

2) The sound is on sync on a restart? Not sure what to say... pausing a video sometimes does a video or audio catch-up.

3) I don't have 50hz, use 60 hz... If this is XVID only... batch convert to something else?

4) usually a wireless device needs a tickle to wake up, my mouse does this... (hence the double push) unless it's on.

You did ask for ideas... these are just a guess.
1) Nice Idea, I will try. My second HTPC a Arctic MC001 with a Radeon HD 5000 and does not have this issue...

2) Yes it seems that audio and video are synchronizing... Here's the same, the Arctic works fine without dropouts

3) Hm no this is no solution for me. I've hundred of this videos. And I've this issue tried on three different HTPCs. But I've nothing found to this problem here in the forum. Maybe I'm searching with the wrong keywords...

4) Same again, on my Arctic HTPC it always works...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few XBMC issues...0