No audio for You tube videos
Hello! I just updated to Frodo 12.2 and I have sound issue.

For most of the movies; sound is working perfect but for some movies and You Tube clips NO SOUND at all.
Here is the result of aplay -l:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH7]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH7 - IEC958]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I tried to create a file asound.config with hw:"0.0" but no luck...

It was working fine in Dharma 11 after selecting custom audio source with "hw:0,0" in ALSA.

Please help!!!!!
Do ALL YouTube have no sound, or only some? If only some, can you provide a pointer?
Its all of them... I could not come across any clip where it works fine... but it works fine on Aljazeera live tv stream.... thanks
Post a screenshot of your audio output settings.
Here is the snapshot:

Snapshot

Thanks
Upload a debug log to xbmclogs.com where you try to play a video that fails, then post the link here.
I am not getting any errors.....it's just turn mute. But I will check if there is any debug log saved...thanks
Change to two channels not 2.1 and see if it works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry ... no luck still the same....thanks
Hello... I think no one else has the similar problem... should I just take it as no fix for this issue.... thanks
(2013-06-24, 16:42)mach569 Wrote: Hello... I think no one else has the similar problem... should I just take it as no fix for this issue.... thanks

I'm also experiencing no audio (on any audio track running @ 44100 Hz) after upgrading to Frodo 12.2. So far most Youtube videos I came across use 44100 Hz so the video is choppy and no audio. Press the "O" button on your keyboard to check if the sample rate is 48000 Hz or 44100 Hz. Try Hulu or ESPN and see if you can get sound because they run at 48000 Hz
if this is the case, try to add
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

to your /home/USER/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml (replace user with your actual user name) and create the file if it is not existent
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-06-24, 20:49)fritsch Wrote: if this is the case, try to add
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

to your /home/USER/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml (replace user with your actual user name) and create the file if it is not existent

That took care of my "no audio/choppy video playback" issue. Thanks fritsch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio for You tube videos0