• 5(current)
Release Random Trailers Screensaver / Script
Added new version to git. See first post to download

v.1.1.7 (January, 5, 2013) :
- added feature to display trailer info for iTunes trailers.
-cleaned up and optimized code
-moved hide info option from library to general settings
-ken Z-
Version 1.1.7 Now available in the official Repo!
-ken Z-
When playing music(Airplay), after 3 minutes the screensaver kicks in the only problem is the screen stays black. In the xbmc error log it says:

"Exiting Random Trailers Screen Saver Something is playing!!!!!!"

Is it possible to run the screensaver when playing music? Can it be done? It would be a nice feature....
Can't play music and videos at the same time.
-ken Z-
Added new version to git.

v.1.1.8 (January, 11, 2013:
- added ability to play trailers from You Tube. Trailers are located using themoviedb.org.
- added CouchPotato integration, while watching trailer pressing Q puts current movie in you CouchPotato Queue.

see first post for link
-ken Z-
First off, thanks for this addon, it is awesome. I had it on my win8 xbmc without issue.

I recently picked up a Rasp Pi running openelec and this would run hit or miss. the logs kept showing a recurring check saying: CecLogMessage - command 'POLL' was not acked by the controller openelec.

sometimes it would eventually play a trailer, other times 2. Most times it would go black screen and eventually hang....with logging enabled, the cpu/logfile notifications in the corner would continue sometimes, and other times just stall and crash. Esc, and left arrow would not get out of it, I always needed to unplug and plug the Pi back in again.

in case others are trying this on a Pi with these issues, disabling the cec adapter took care of everything.
Kzeleny, on XBMC the addon is 1.1.7

I downloaded from your repo and it is still 1.1.7

As i dont have trailers downloaded i would love the feature to pull/stream them from themoviedb like youve added, but so far i test the screensaver and the screen goes black and nothing happens, is it because I have 1.1.7 ?

I cant find 1.1.8 anywhere !
I forgot to bump the version in the addon.xml file. if you redownload from git you should get 1.1.8 now
-ken Z-
Do i need to download anything else to get it working? (like the script you launched in may 2013) for example, to get it working?

It simply blacks the screen, nothing else (i only turned ON the function of themoviedb), but in the preview of the screensaver panel in the system, nothing happens. I have enabled the screensaver of random trailers, turned on themoviedb there, but nope. nothing!
(2014-01-24, 22:50)djhifi Wrote: Do i need to download anything else to get it working? (like the script you launched in may 2013) for example, to get it working?

It simply blacks the screen, nothing else (i only turned ON the function of themoviedb), but in the preview of the screensaver panel in the system, nothing happens. I have enabled the screensaver of random trailers, turned on themoviedb there, but nope. nothing!

set screensaver to random trailers, then restart XBMC to re-register the service. Try opening Random Trailers from the programs menu to see if that will run.
-ken Z-
Restarting like you suggested did the trick. OMG what an awesome feature. Show off, of course but AWESOME.

PS: Is it possible to stream only videos from our library? Or that would have to mean having the actual trailer file inside each (2000+) folders?

The "movie library" on your addon is only for actual trailer files, right?

Would love to see streaming of our own library trailers in the future, much like it already is possible withing the said library!
(2014-01-24, 23:37)djhifi Wrote: Restarting like you suggested did the trick. OMG what an awesome feature. Show off, of course but AWESOME.

PS: Is it possible to stream only videos from our library? Or that would have to mean having the actual trailer file inside each (2000+) folders?

The "movie library" on your addon is only for actual trailer files, right?

Would love to see streaming of our own library trailers in the future, much like it already is possible withing the said library!

When you select to stream trailers from your library, the actual trailer does not have to be in a folder on your pc. If when you scrape your movies the scraper could point to a trailer that is on you tube. If this is the case we would play that trailer. The program just plays whatever XBMC points to in its library regardless if it local or remote.
-ken Z-
EDIT: I can't seem to get trailers from library working. I have every separator set to off/disable except the one in the library separator. Restarted the XBMC and nope, does not work this time. Anything I have to setup besides "include trailers from library"?
No need to point any folders...as i dont HAVE trailers, right?
It's getting over me...

ThemovieDB trailers work just fine. Library = nope.

------------------------------

Ah very well, you are a genious since the beginning like i supposed then!

That means that i can play the trailers from my pointed library+themovieDB ones?

Also i have a question: sometimes it says "youtube account needed" i logged in on the addon of youtube that i have, does this affect in any way? Which player does your addon use?
Also, i've noticed that sometimes when i hit any key for the screensaver to go away, my TV stays with black screen (altough I hear the sounds)

Any workaround?

Its random!
(2014-01-28, 07:24)djhifi Wrote: Also, i've noticed that sometimes when i hit any key for the screensaver to go away, my TV stays with black screen (altough I hear the sounds)

Any workaround?

Its random!

Even when you push the button twice? My experience, two button presses are required to return to the xbmc window if trailers are still playing. The first press will exit trailer playback to a black screen and second press will exit black screen to return to xbmc window. I believe this is by design since the screen saver will go to black screen when the timer expires if that option is used.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Trailers Screensaver / Script1