XBMC 12.2 and Intel HD 4000 driver
My first post on XBMC forums - hoping to give something back to the great community here. I was able to fix the graphics corruption problem on my install of XBMC 12.2, Windows x64, HD Graphics 4600 as follows. Although the readme.txt says these are Windows 8 drivers, they work fine on Windows 7. Intel seems to use a unified graphics driver for 8 and 7, and this theory played out here.

- Download the x64 3214 beta drivers zip file at the following link:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22935/a0..._1533b.zip

- If you need the 32-bit 3214 beta drivers look here. I have not tested these like the 64 bit drivers.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22938/a0..._1533b.zip

Extract the zip file and run setup.exe. Install drivers and reboot. Enjoy.
(2013-07-14, 23:32)CT324 Wrote: Extract the zip file and run setup.exe. Install drivers and reboot. Enjoy.

Thank you!!

I recently bought a 4th generation Intel I5 and finally it is working with the program I'm running most of the time.
It's also an HyperV-host for some Linux machines, so I haven't even restarted it (although I should) and it's already working.

Thanks for posting it here.

I used the 64-bit driver and am running Windows 8.
BTW.... Is there also webpage where this driver is posted, I'm checking the official page every day and just came and look here to find fellow frustrated people...
My mind was set to "moaning", but now there's a big smile
Frater,

Glad the beta drivers removed the GUI tearing for you too. I could not find these drivers searching the normal Intel download pages; those seem to be for release drivers only. The only web page that I could find associated with these preview drivers was:

http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21233

That page was mostly about compatibility with Windows 8.1, which is Intel's primary purpose for these beta drivers. So, you may be able to find some later betas by searching the Intel Windows 8.1 support forums for additional updates. It seems that some 8.1 users are still having problems even with this beta. However, it works fine for me on Windows 7 x64 due to the unified structure; its just that Intel has presumably focused their efforts on Windows 8.1, so they may break legacy compatibility in this or a future beta release. Let's hope that the code improvements helping XBMC find their way into a final unified release.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Frodo 12.2
Asus Z87 Pro
Haswell 4770k / HD4600 graphics
It seems as if the driver has been taken off intels website. Can anyone find a link to the driver CT324 was talking about?
This issue seems to be fixed (at least it is on my system) with the latest Intel Graphics driver: version 15.31.17.64.3257 releases on 9/11/13.

I have a Haswell processor (core i5 4670S) with HD4600 graphics.

For information, the issue wasn't limited to xbmc, I also had the same problem with the Plex GUI, which has resolved with the new driver (as you might expect).
I run into an issue with a first gen core i3 NUC with HD4000.

First I had it set that the display would stay at 60 Hz even when it was a 24p movie.

Later I had it set that the display would follow the refresh rate of the movie.
When that happened and the refrsh rate was 24 Hz, playback would become very stuttery and choppy.
I also would get shadow bars on the top and bottom when I had play stop fast forward buttons and so on at the bottom of the screen.

I then downloaded and installed the the latest HD4000 drivers from Intel and disabled Aero.

The shadow bars are gone and 24p playback improved. But I now still have a certain jerkiness in playback and many dropped frames.

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Are there BIOS settings involved?
Plex on Windows is based on XBMC code which is probably why you also saw problems with their GUI.
(2013-10-18, 11:52)dikkiedirk Wrote: I run into an issue with a first gen core i3 NUC with HD4000.

First I had it set that the display would stay at 60 Hz even when it was a 24p movie.

When that happened and the refrsh rate was 24 Hz, playback would become very stuttery and choppy.
I also would get shadow bars on the top and bottom when I had play stop fast forward buttons and so on at the bottom of the screen.

I then downloaded and installed the the latest HD4000 drivers from Intel and disabled Aero.

The shadow bars are gone and 24p playback improved. But I now still have a certain jerkiness in playback and many dropped frames.

Could also be your audio settings, the simple test is:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: Directsound - HDMI (try also WASAPI option)

If playback is then fine, read the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Could also be video settings, try the different vertical blank sync, adjust frame rate option, and sync playback options.
(2013-10-18, 11:59)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-10-18, 11:52)dikkiedirk Wrote: I run into an issue with a first gen core i3 NUC with HD4000.

Could also be your audio settings, the simple test is:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: Directsound - HDMI (try also WASAPI option)

If playback is then fine, read the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Could also be video settings, try the different vertical blank sync, adjust frame rate option, and sync playback options.

Thanks, will try this evening. Are all these settings under settings audio and settings video?
The video settings are split, vertical blank sync is under video output see Settings/System (wiki) and "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" under Video -Playback see Settings/Videos (wiki)
Hi There Smile

my first post on the forum. does anyone else have problems with slooow scrolling through the menus? Just set up my new HTPC, XBMC 12.2 Intel i5 HD4600 newest driver from intel, gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI MB, Kingston 128GB SSD. And scrolling through menus or files is a nightmare, it reacts like an elephant in sirup. the graphics and audio is ok but menus are slow. can this also be driver related? Huh

Can this be resolved by putting in a stand alone graphics card?
I have only read through this thread, and I don't have an Intel video anything on any of my boxes, so please excuse my comment if it's been covered somewhere else.

Has anyone tried changing the <algorithmdirtyregions> option in advancedsettings.xml? I think it's enable by default. Maybe turning it off entirely.

I know it doesn't make sense as that option is supposed to improve speed, and turning it off implies it will get worse. But you never know when you're talking about a driver issue. I've seen my share illogical things "fix" problems before.

Sorry if I'm giving false hope to anyone.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.2 and Intel HD 4000 driver0