XBMC 12.2 and Intel HD 4000 driver
Not sure the issue is on the Intel side or XBMC side; but still - the only application with a lot of UI artifacts is XBMC (menus) after upgrading to any of the intel drivers released in 2013. Anyone looking into this?

Edit:
Windows 8 Pro 64bit @ Mac Mini Late 2012, display connected via HDMI 1.4a cable.

Edit2:
And I know installing the driver from December 2012 works; but still it is kind of annoying not to benefit from other improvements done by Intel during 2013.
It's a Intel driver problem for Intel to fix see https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0
(2013-06-17, 10:48)jjd-uk Wrote: It's a Intel driver problem for Intel to fix see https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0
I know of this discussion, but it's kind of difficult to say this is related the intel driver; nothing else got issues with new Intel drivers except XBMC. So it might be wise to intvestigate from the XBMC side as well?
No it's a driver issue, proved by the fact that a rollback fixes, Intel themselves admit in that discussion it's something they need to look at & fix.

To quote "The issue was confirmed and is still under investigation."
(2013-06-17, 12:25)jjd-uk Wrote: No it's a driver issue, proved by the fact that a rollback fixes, Intel themselves admit in that discussion it's something they need to look at & fix.

To quote "The issue was confirmed and is still under investigation."
But why is XBMC the only application (I've seen) with these issues?
You'll have to ask Intel
(2013-06-17, 14:31)jjd-uk Wrote: You'll have to ask Intel
I'm not trying to do the "blame-game" here, but if changes done by Intel is still within the specification the problem might be on XBMC side. I'm not saying it is; but in case Intel keep pushing drivers which gives these issues, could XBMC try to "work around" them somehow. Don't think it is very productive if all new drivers from Intel can not be used with XBMC. This especially worries me since I have a HTPC with only Intel 4000 integrated GPU.
(2013-06-17, 14:37)TGBerland Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 14:31)jjd-uk Wrote: You'll have to ask Intel
I'm not trying to do the "blame-game" here, but if changes done by Intel is still within the specification the problem might be on XBMC side. I'm not saying it is; but in case Intel keep pushing drivers which gives these issues, could XBMC try to "work around" them somehow. Don't think it is very productive if all new drivers from Intel can not be used with XBMC. This especially worries me since I have a HTPC with only Intel 4000 integrated GPU.

I just invested some hard earned money in the latest Intel Core i5 Haswell which has a HD4600 graphics card onboard....
All joy here until I saw those strange artifacts in both XBMC and Plex Confused

I just installed the latest Intel drivers! They are 1 month old and according to the release notes they have no known issues....
I guess they are just lying or those people confirming the issue have no leverage whatsoever....

This processor is only out for several weeks and that thread is way older...

Can't we get some work-around in the meantime?
Turning off some hardware shading maybe?

BTW... I'm not blaming XBMC at all. I'm using it for more than 10 years and I recommend it to everyone. I'm only using Plex because I like to experiment with watching media from my box of the Internet (I don't really need that, but it's cool).
(2013-06-17, 19:55)frater Wrote: Turning off some hardware shading maybe?

Are you just posting some random trigger words here? Or do you have any clue for real?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-06-17, 20:53)Memphiz Wrote:
(2013-06-17, 19:55)frater Wrote: Turning off some hardware shading maybe?

Are you just posting some random trigger words here? Or do you have any clue for real?
I have seen my new HTPC for several hours. Most of the time it was during the initial install and getting my HyperV-machine that was working in my old HTPC to work.
Just before I had to leave for the weekend I fired up XBMC, went through the menu and noticed things were not as they used to be.

One artifact was the visibility of some kind of shading layer. I can imagine this could be some hardware shading that could be done by the GPU and this Intel is failing at it....
In short.. I hardly had the time to see nor investigate what was going on.

You're right that graphics programming is not my expertise, like a lot of stuff I'm doing is not yours... (I do not want to start a pissing contest!!)
I don't think it's that strange that some can be optionally done by software and that this is already implemented and can be turned on or off.

It's not that hard to tell people they are wrong without getting offensive.
Our windows graphics devs are MIA so don't hold your breath on a fix done by us.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
FYI intel driver 2932 seems to be best for hd4000, seems to have perfect AV sync even at 24p, whereas the previous driver (2875 required advancedsettings delay for 24p)

not much help for you haswell'ers though, hopefully the issues get fixed in the next driver release
(2013-06-18, 16:43)frater Wrote: It's not that hard to tell people they are wrong without getting offensive.

I am not telling that you are wrong. The question was partly serious. I don't have any clue of the issue aswell. It just sounded like some random trigger word and something like that sometimes hits the wrong stomac in me (like couldn't you just fix it - can't be that hard). And yes sometimes it is hard to tell people that they are wrong without getting offensive (if you have to deal with it every day).

My apologize.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Bottom line is that Intel has acknowledged that it's an issue and that they are working on a fix. That may or may not mean it's directly and issue with the drivers or just the way XBMC interacts with them, but based on Intel's track record, I'd say it's their issue and it'll be a while before it's fixed.
(2013-06-19, 11:50)Memphiz Wrote: My apologize.
Accepted of course..
One shows greatness with these words.
:-)

I'm glad the problem is only with the interface and playing media is fine (even better than my previous machine with an Ati). I made a shortcut on my desktop for checking the Intel site. Still no update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.2 and Intel HD 4000 driver0