• 3(current)
Proposed changes for skin v2.0
allowhiddenfocus works perfectly Smile cheers this is actually really handy
if changing to lowercase is the proper way to keep the code up to speed then thats what we need to do and if required i'll go through the pm3 xml's changing to lowercase.

p.s. i have had a look at the xml's and it will take some time so i'm happy to get cracking given the go ahead jm.

textpad has a change case option. you can download a trial.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
we/i dont need to change the entire xml to lowercase just the set tags... i have a program to do just that as a batch i just need the go ahead as it would still take some time to setup all the tags in a database then setup a destination list with the lowercase tags then that needs repeating on all xml's.

i could do with the cpp files that are to be amended so i can run a batch and test. the skin may? have slightly different case on the very same tags throughout the skin so it may not change them all 100% i would then need to manually pick them off when/where the skin looks faulty or crashes.

ok i've done all the lowercase amendments found a really easy way Smile ust need to knw whether jm will need the boolean conditions i.e. player.hasaudio, player.hasmedia etc making lowercase aswell...

oh bollox! did nt read the edit on jm's post! he's done it already... oh well only 30mins wasted lol

i tried to make my contribution Image

(jmarshall @ dec. 14 2005,23:39 Wrote:edit: just found a program that can do multiple search and replaces quickly across multiple files.  i can set up a data file for it that will auto-convert your skins if you are interested.  

:agree: i would be interested in...

thanks for your work

cheers ceomr

xbmc_skin
ok, i've done the changes.

i will supply more info later on, plus a program input etc. to make the changes with a couple of button clicks.

thanks deanrparry for the contribution - your program looks nicer than the one i'm using - did you save the configuration file so that others can use it??

anyway, imo all lower case is a nice easy standard for us all to remember. starting from version 1.85, all tags in the skin are required to be lower case. older skins still work fine.

my next post will detail the changes to version 1.85, and i'll post a config file to make the changes nice and quickly so don't bother going through your skin files yet (unless you're really bored :p)

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

will also be able to do this in the skin editor, one button click to replace all tags in all xml files in a selected folder. Smile this was easy for me to implement as the xml reading and recognition is from my own code. so it will just scan each file for valid tags and convert them to lowercase.
yes i have the tables saved.
ok, version 1.85 changes are in cvs. it is 100% backward compatible with 1.3 so you don't have to do anything if you'd rather wait until 2.0 is finalised, but it'd be easier to do it at this point (plus it helps me test if i missed anything!Wink

the following is changing:

1. all skin tags are now fully lower case. nothing has changed as far as what they do - just change all the case to lower case.

to do this, go to orbit.org and download their replace utility and install it (you can just extract to a folder if you don't want to fully install).

next, grab this file and unzip it into your bk replace folder. it should prompt you to overwrite the groups.bkg file which you should do.

next, run bk replace. it should load in all of the conversions needed to do the skin automatically Smile now you need to "add files" - just right click on the "xbmc skin files" entry, and "add file(s)".

settings needed are:

use folder
include file filter: *.xml

browse to your skin folder for the source file / folder path.

turn off backups via the backup tag if you don't want them. you can output to a different folder if you wish.

once done, just hit the "start replacing" button (first on the toolbar) and away it goes.

other changes

2. spin control offsets for listcontrol, listcontrolex, textbox, and thumbpanels are now relative from the posx and posy tags. just search for <spinposx> and <spinposy>, and subtract off the <posx> and <posy> values for the same controls. in pm3 there were around 20 entries that needed doing, so it shouldn't hopefully take too long.

3. custom code for the video osd has been removed. all of you should now be using the built in functions (xbmc.playercontrol()) for the main osd, and all the submenus should be using the videosettings dialog. see pm3 videoosd.xml as an example.

4. to help with 3, there's been 4 new built in commands added:
xbmc.playercontrol(bigskipforward)
xbmc.playercontrol(bigskipbackward)
xbmc.playercontrol(smallskipforward)
xbmc.playercontrol(smallskipbackward)

5. old backward compatibility code in the uicalibration and visualisation windows has been removed. for ui calibration, you just need 2 mover controls (top left with id 8, bottom right with id 9), and for the visualisation window you just need a visualisation control (id 2 is preferred, though i will change it so that it doesn't matter)

6. removed the "conditionalbutton" control completely. this was only used for the kai button on home (id 99) and can be done using the conditional visibility along with the appropriate execute action. see pm3 home.xml for details.

that's all for now. happy updating, and let me know if there is anything i missed, or anything that you've always found a pain to skin that can be improved.

i've just finished updating the skinning section of the online manual to suit.

next post will contain other stuff i'm looking in to.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:happy updating, and let me know if there is anything i missed, or anything that you've always found a pain to skin that can be improved.

@ lowercase

these entries are not changed..

Quote:textureupfocus

texturedownfocus

imagefolderfocus

cheers ceomr

ps: i am searching for more..
same problem i had with my program... quick fix add focus> and focus> to your search its becuase of textureup & textureupfocus double hit.

two more entries

Quote:texturecheckmarknofocus

textureslidernibfocus

well i just made the prog to convert every single capitol letter to lower case.
a->a
b->b
c->c
etc...
quicker and easyer (imo) Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposed changes for skin v2.00