Jerky playback & no sound
Just recently my colleagues XBMC has started to replay in a very jerky (unwatchable) fashion.
Also, their is no sound & I noticed a red "mute" icon on the top right of the screen

Now it is likely that he has pressed a wrong key or something - but for the life of me, I cant find how to re-enable the sound (VLC etc play films back fine - with sound)

So,
1) how to un-mute XBMC (I read about making an xml change - but it is unlikely that my brother-in-law has made any code changes as he is not technical)

2) What is causing the slow jerky playback?

The Debug logs is here:

http://pastebin.com/QPqksubF

I restarted XBMC in Debug, attempted to replay a random film, the closed down XBMC then copied the log out.
Any ideas appreciated.
Slow playback will more than likely be due to incorrect audio settings - you'll have told XBMC your receiver/TV is capable of decoding an audio format it can't.

The F8 button toggles Mute on and off. Or it could be that the volume is set to 0, press the + button on the keyboard to increase the volume too.
Thankyou so much for the fast reply. I will check his system later today.

F8 is the Mute button. DOH! I was checking every menu & switch in XBMC config. never thought of an F key
Yes, F8 resolved MUTE.
The jerky playback was caused due to the sound settings having been changed too.
I think his daughter had found the keyboard!!

Many thanks for your help - and apologies for raising this issue. I have since found a lot of other posts relating to a similar issue.
(Why can I never find these things the first time around?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky playback & no sound0