Solved Gotham: How to set settings level?
Dear All

As announced, there are now several settings / user levels introduced and the standard (default) selected level contains less items.
E.g. it's not possible anymore to clean up video / music database.

I didn't find any description on how to switch these settings / user level, also not in advancedsettings.xml or profile management.

How can I change this?

Thanks in advance & kind regards - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Please excuse me - I found the answer in the Windows FAQ.
But maybe we can keep it here for a while (as it will fade out automatically) for others....?

To change settings level go to where the audio settings are then open the hidden left hand menu (with left remote click or left keybaord arrow) and you should see "Level: Standard" change this to "Advanced" and all settings will reappear.

More about this at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163867

Excuse me for this redundant question.

Greetz from Switzerland - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Note that those instructions relate to the default Confluence skin thus if you use another skin then access to where you change the level might be different or the skin may have not even been updated to reflect the new settings system.
Dear jjd-uk

Thanks for caring!
With Betas or Alphas I would recommend only to use default (and bundled) skins - and so I do.
Thanks for that hint in case anyone searches for such a problem description and may stumble upon this thread...

Greetz & thanks from CH to UK - Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham: How to set settings level?0