• 6(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
Don't know if this helps, but the freebox player they link to is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebox#The_Freebox_Player
Highly doubt you will ever get any source from them Wink
Hi ... I was juste reading these posts (Interested in Airplay fixing vs. IOS7, but I agree it is not personnaly a priority at all/problems with closed protocols/etc).

As I happen to be French, I just wanted to add my 2 cents regarding the links posted above ... err... they will not give help ...

It is, as I read it :
-the Clubic link announces that the Freebox Firmware will support "Airplay Mirrorring"
-the other link, is a question from some (very badly writing) French : "When is the Airplay Mirrorring coming to the Freebox Player" ...

All in all ... not much to help on the current topic ...
Just a bunch of kids who want the "Mirrorring" for the Freebox ... nothing on any bug resolution ...

these were my 2 cents ... Wink
and as Eliah noted : I too doubt that anyone will ever see their sources ...
Airplay Mirroring hasn't even anything to do with this thread then. Thx for the pointer. Indeed it doesn't help us if someone else is getting something to work. It just tells us "it is possible". But nobody of us has the time and knowledge to figure out how.

So we are still dependend on open source solutions which we can reuse. Its that easy - and thats what is annoying people ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Today I was able to airplay photos and videos from my iPhone 5 camera roll to XBMC for about 10 min without problems.

I'm using iOS 7.03 and XBMC Gotham Alpha9 (Windows).

After a 5 min pause I tried again and the Airplay option for XBMC had disappeared. The Airplay video icon in the Control Centre had changed into the Airplay audio icon.

Sorry for my noob question but isn't it possible to check what exactly happens just when Airplay video stops working?
what do you think the answer will be?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I don't know. That's why I'm asking the expert.
Frodo 12.2 on raspberry pi:
* works with ios6
* works with ios7, nothing changed/updated (though sometimes it's only seen as AirTunes device)

Android Gotham latest alpha10 nightly
* works with ios6
* works with ios7

Linux Gotham latest alpha10 nightly compiled on a odroid u2 (arm 4xA9 @ 1.7Ghz)
* works with ios6
* does not work with ios7, i cannot get the device to show at all

Any thoughts how come in the latest linux nightly airplay cannot get detected at all in ios7? on Android it works, but not linux. ios6 works with both.

Thanks.
First I just want to thank all the developers who have worked on this, especially Memphiz (who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help me with AirPlay issues before).

Is there anything I can do to help solve this problem? I've got an iPad running iOS 6 and one running iOS 7, as well as several PCs running xbmc around the house. Can I provide logs or do any sort of testing that will be of use?
Looking around, I found this program: http://www.airserver.com/ which has been updated to work with iOS 7. They offer a 7-day trial, so I downloaded and it's working like a charm. Would a wireshark dump of the traffic be beneficial to the cause?
Dump of Bonjour Browser - but they can do encryption (and don't Tell us how) - so it might not help us at all... (With encryption its a whole different Story...)

Greetings from shanghai
I think I found what you mean by Bonjour Browser. I'll do some dumps and get them over to you.
I started the capture, opened AirServer, then opened BonjourBrowser on another PC (192.168.1.120), then closed AirServer, then stopped the capture. If you need me to do any other tests, do not hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to help out in whatever limited way I can.

Here's the capture file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3098....pcapng.gz

Thanks again. I hope you're having fun in Shanghai.
No sadly i am here for work Sad
Ahhh, that's disappointing. Sad

Thanks again for looking into this, it sounds like you've got real work to do, so hopefully people will be patient and polite while waiting for a fix. If there's anything else I can do, just shout. I'll check this thread from time to time for updates and stuff.
Here to solve the problem

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177317
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2