• 2(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
Just to let you know ... Photos work via Airplay on Frodo using iOS 7 ... just not video or audio.
Ios 7 and frodo windows is not working for me. The xbmc airplay does not show up at all.
Ditto. No dice for Airplay via video or audio with iOS 7 from my iPad. May try to downgrade it.
Crap! Apple isn't digitally signing iOS 6 anymore....stuck with this on my iPad and no XBMC AirPlay Sad. I sad.
(2013-09-21, 10:11)ViperJPB Wrote: Crap! Apple isn't digitally signing iOS 6 anymore....stuck with this on my iPad and no XBMC AirPlay Sad. I sad.

Try this nightly build. AirPlay is working for me on iOS 7

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe
Same problem here with updated ipad :|
I have added the nightly build to my XBMCbuntu and upgraded to 13.0 Alpha 4.
Unfortunately this will not fix Airplay with iOS7.

Anyone who has got this working again?
(2013-09-21, 16:56)ariendg Wrote: Same problem here with updated ipad :|
I have added the nightly build to my XBMCbuntu and upgraded to 13.0 Alpha 4.
Unfortunately this will not fix Airplay with iOS7.

Anyone who has got this working again?

did you actually read what others posted?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-21, 17:01)Martijn Wrote: did you actually read what others posted?
Yes I did. Nightly 20130917-92169a6 could work but is the windows release same as the linux?
How can I choose to install a specific version on XBMCbuntu?

I beleive my problem is not iOS7 related but the dutch RTL XL app breaks the AirPlay Service on the xbmc box. After a reboot Youtube still works from streamed from iOS7 iPad.
I'm cursing IOS7 enough as it is but Airplay not working in XBMC is a show stopper for me. Thank goodness somebody posted that the nightly fixed this. The nightly from the 20th of September didn't fix it for me but the one from the 17th as stated elsewhere did. Not perfect yet. Album art doesn't update and there are some audio glitches but at least I'm not plunged into silence! Well done XBMC team for getting it this far this quickly!
Tried out the nightly build and Airplay works now but only with audio. It won't stream the video Sad.
Wow, are people ever good at complaining and failing to file debug logs or logs of any other kind. People, the devs will not be able to help you until you start posting debug logs. It's as simple as that. They want to help, but they can't, because they can't see what's going wrong.

I was curious enough that I decided to buy an iphone instead of an HTC One as my next phone, and I'm not running into any video airplay problems. Youtube works. Local videos work.

http://pastebin.com/4jsfnwFs

Yesterday, I tried music and pictures. Both worked. As far as I'm concerned, this is an imaginary issue until people start posting full debug logs showing the problem.

Edit: For those who can't be bothered to look up how to post a debug log: Here is a step by step guide. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
I think apple screwed this up big time on ios7,

The issue is intermediate - the problem is definitely with video/photo airplay (AirTunes is 100% stable). I have seen my iphone not show airplay devices in photos but once I fully exit photos (delete from background) then open it up again I can see my airplay device (monitor icon), on my ipad I don't see it regardless now but yesterday I was playing YouTube thru airplay while now I see only AirTunes devices ( speaker icons), it's hard to get a pattern out of it but it seems to be like a timeout issue on the idevices on gathering all airplay devices or identifying them. On my iPhone 4S with 6.1.3 is perfect.

I will upload logs later (though not sure if they will show anything since I am not playing anything thru airplay and it's not a playback issue while it's connected) and I suggest that everybody list their setup and idevices to help the devs.

My setup:
iPhone 5 ios7
iPhone 4S ios6.1.3
iPad 2 ios7
Openelec 3.20 xbmc 12.2 wired
Arm device with 12.2 wired
Macos xbmc 12.2 wireless
Time capsule for wireless tried both n and b
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
No complaining here, though lots of hostility from people working on such things for some reason. Simply stating the facts here and hoping for some conversation and possible stop gaps or patches.Gladly post some logs when I can. This only just started with iOS7 when I updated my iPad yesterday. AirPlay has been flawless and is still flawless on all my other iOS devices not running iOS7. Have tried one of the above mentioned nightlies to no avail. Will try the other soon. If it doesn't fix it then I simply will go back to the official xbmc build and not put iOS 7 on any other device until the updates to fix the issues are complete. Will post logs soon.
Workaround: in iOS 7 in controlcenter keep on activating/deactivating wireless icon untill AirPlay shows screens for iPad and XBMC.

i've just seen Americas cup 2013 race 13 from iPad to Samsung TV via RPI
(2013-09-22, 12:08)0801 Wrote: Workaround: in iOS 7 in controlcenter keep on activating/deactivating wireless icon untill AirPlay shows screens for iPad and XBMC.

i've just seen Americas cup 2013 race 13 from iPad to Samsung TV via RPI

Will have to try this I suppose. For me the Airplay option is always there. Just when you start it XBMC looks like its about to start the video then drops it and dissapears. With the nightly it does the same but will only play audio.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2