• 3(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
(2013-09-21, 20:16)RussKingUK Wrote: I'm cursing IOS7 enough as it is but Airplay not working in XBMC is a show stopper for me. Thank goodness somebody posted that the nightly fixed this. The nightly from the 20th of September didn't fix it for me but the one from the 17th as stated elsewhere did. Not perfect yet. Album art doesn't update and there are some audio glitches but at least I'm not plunged into silence! Well done XBMC team for getting it this far this quickly!

Just tested the Nightly from September 17th, as mentioned above, and it indeed works great just without album art. So far no audio glitches in my testing. Fair trade off until full iOS 7 airplay support in the stable xbmc build.
I retried to use airplay with my iphone 5 ios 7 windows frodo 12. There was must better results today. Streaming youtube and home movies worked. Photos work. It tried with audio but there was no sound. Album art came thru tho.

There were other glitchy problem such as old photos showing on xbmc right before streaming a youtube video.

I need to play with it more to replicate the various problems. Currently they are all over the map.

I find it interesting that it now sorta works on the original frodo 12 windows. Ios 7 must be flakey.
I've found that disrupting the Airplay connection long enough will cause it to work correctly for at least awhile when it reconnects. The easiest way to do this is to turn off wifi on the iOS device until your Airplay option disappears and then turn it back on again. You might have to do this a few times for it to work. The tiny bit of good news in this is that it is at least easier to get to the wifi setting and Airplay is shown on the same panel.
(2013-09-23, 02:33)mrfatboy Wrote: I retried to use airplay with my iphone 5 ios 7 windows frodo 12. There was must better results today. Streaming youtube and home movies worked. Photos work. It tried with audio but there was no sound. Album art came thru tho.

There were other glitchy problem such as old photos showing on xbmc right before streaming a youtube video.

I need to play with it more to replicate the various problems. Currently they are all over the map.

I find it interesting that it now sorta works on the original frodo 12 windows. Ios 7 must be flakey.

our team work with airplay for some mounths on android platform,we got this problem like everyone:

audio is ok , video airplay only sound no pictures;the photo,cann't find the device;

we set the airplay service features bit6 be on,ios 7 airplay to our app the video and photo work well, but the audio cann't be airplay;
and ios5 airplay to our app ,only photo is ok! sadly , now we have no idea for this question. I hate ios7 ..
What is bit6 supposed to announce to the clients? Do you know that?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Tried turning Air Drop off? Can't guarantee it has anything to do with it, but mine seems better after I turned it off...
I've had success with the Sep 17th Nightly build as well. Even so, AirPlay (only tried music so far) usually doesn't work after a fresh boot. I typically have to disable airplay in XBMC settings and then enable it again , before it'll work. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
I'm unable to stream any video via Airplay from an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.02 to XBMC 13 Gotham Nightly (Sept 18).
(2013-09-27, 13:17)AussieFries Wrote: I'm unable to stream any video via Airplay from an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.02 to XBMC 13 Gotham Nightly (Sept 18).

Me too. Music no problem but Videos only audio.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64309

Debug log of trying to airplay a YouTube video from iPhone 5 (IOS 7.0.2) to XBMC 12.2 Frodo on Openelec.

XBMC appears as an audio only device and audio only was airplayed (the video played on the phone's screen).

Thanks guys...
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64313

And here's one of the same thing, but after I'd managed to get the iPhone to recognise XBMC as a video capable airplay device (by toggling wifi off/on until it worked), so this time both the video and audio airplayed across.

Everything else the same.

Hope it helps...
So its all about ios finding XBMC as both audio and video target - did i get you right?

In that case it is hard to find out what "bug" makes ios to decide if the found device is a valid video target or audio only. It has to be something in the magic numbers we announce via zeroconf/bonjour (mainly copied from an atv2) and the mac address (which is of course no apple mac address) or whatever else. Still that doesn't help to do anything about it.

Even if i had an ios7 device it is very unlikely that i would be able to do a proper fix here. Its just guessing and trying stuff without knowing what apple really does in there clients. Once again - that is the price we pay for using a closed protocol here. Get used to it - it will get worse in the future - might be even leading to removing airplay support completly from XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi
Since it seem to work "sometimes" like in the first connection attempt it ought to be possible to fix.
I have a phone with IOS 6 that work and one with IOS7 that doesn't work.
My IOS7 phone has been reset to factory default and shows the video symbol for XBMC.
Can someone point me to the right log and I will do a comparison with a working connection and one that doesn't work, correct that a three way comparison, IOS7 first attempt, ios7 second and then ios6

K
I'm curious, is this specific to xbmc or any airplay receiver? If iOS 7 broke it, could the problem lie on apple's side of things? Has anyone tried ios 7 with a normal apple tv that hasn't been updated to the latest firmware?
(2013-10-01, 17:40)Platypus2 Wrote: I'm curious, is this specific to xbmc or any airplay receiver? If iOS 7 broke it, could the problem lie on apple's side of things? Has anyone tried ios 7 with a normal apple tv that hasn't been updated to the latest firmware?

Good question Im thinking the same but apples support page says that you should be on the latest fw.
I don't think we can expect a patch but who knows.

K
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2