• 5(current)
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo
nope 3rd party avrs for example are officially allowed to use the airplay implementation of apple. Say have an NDA and don't do the hacky reverse engineering way. They support encryption and all the stuff needed to support it in the right way.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So I would assume they all need to update they're customers firmware, I would think this would be a nightmare to support, strange that I haven't heard anything about that

Does anyone here have a non apple (and not xbmc) product that they stream airplay too, that needed to update it?
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
nope they support encryption ... so the feature flags are totally different to ours - so might not have that problem in the first place ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I've read this thread a few times now and I'm still not sure this will add anything new. However, here's what I've found in my testing
Ipad 2, iOS 7.02
Win7 starter on acer revo frodo 12.2

At first airplay was streaming just audio.
After reading the thread I disabled wifi on/off and I could finally get the airplay icon to change from the music to video. This and a combination of rebooting the PC I can get the following to consistently work:
-all music I try
-photos
-YouTube
-I have music videos on the ipad from awhile back that stream. 640x352 (so the video is actually a bit smaller)

What doesn't work:
-new content I've downloaded. Both standard and HD. I'm trying anything free, tv clips like Big Bang Theory and Walking Dead
Every time it looks like it's about to play then the ipad throws unknown error -6727
-previously before the cycling on/off I'd only get audio: no video for all types listed above that work

I'm happy to do more testing with links/content or provide debug logs for a given scenario, just let me know.

Big thanks to the devs working on this. I know if you can't repro an issue how hard it is to fix.
after further tests , XBMC 13 alpha 8 doesn't resolve all the issues.
Airplay works properly with a few apps and still tricky to get the "tv" icon...
my iOS device was correctly acknowledging my HTPC was a video airplay device, but airplay would would crash after initiating the stream (no onscreen errors). I wasn't receiving the XBMC as a Audio only device issue.

Updated to iOS 7.0.2, no change

Updated HTPC to OpenElec 3.2.2, Airplay seems to work for at least youtube(safari)
-Coincidental maybe.

YouTube(safari) seems to be working properly, where it hadn't before. The only change was I upgraded to OpenElec 3.2.2, I do not know if 3.2.1 would have made any difference. I haven't tested anything else through other airplay.

So do not know what happened.

Edit:
Thinking back before I had updated to iOS7, which broke Airplay, my HTPC was occasionally running airplay content as audio only, even though it showed as a video device. The HTPC would run it properly after reinitializing the airplay stream.
I was having issues with Airplay only detecting audio. I then did 2 things simultaneously. Updated iTunes from 11.0 to 11.1 and uninstalled the Bounjour print service. I thought maybe having Bounjour (via itunes) and the Print Service was creating interference.

Everything works great now.
Only thing now is the DRM content doesn't go. Memphiz I was wondering if this is a limitation of the reverse engineering or if this is an issue with approved airplay devices as well.

And if there is a workaround?
No workaround - stop bugging us about drm please.
For discussing the new Netflix Airplay "protocol", there seems to be a thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175088
(2013-10-18, 10:36)Memphiz Wrote: No workaround - stop bugging us about drm please.

Sorry man
It seems Free the french phone company solved the problem:

http://www.clubic.com/connexion-internet...1-2-5.html
http://dev.freebox.fr/bugs/task/8031
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
my french is to rusty...
(2013-10-25, 20:14)Memphiz Wrote: my french is to rusty...

people, just give up. he does not care to help you. if you want the support, you are going to have to code it yourselves, or support another program.

he just uses your replies to act like a child, don't feed a fat child.

/closed
(2013-10-29, 07:24)blindmist Wrote:
(2013-10-25, 20:14)Memphiz Wrote: my french is to rusty...

people, just give up. he does not care to help you. if you want the support, you are going to have to code it yourselves, or support another program.

he just uses your replies to act like a child, don't feed a fat child.

/closed
Come on! All he does is help. You do know the devs are doing this for free on theyr own spare time right?

Man sometimes i wish opensource projects didn't have a forum.
I don't even speak french - if someone could translate it i would read (no stupid google translator...)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS7 Beta 1 breaks airplay support in Frodo2