eHome remote worked w/XBMC for a while then stopped.
So I have a Lenovo MCE eHome receiver that was working fine with Windows 7 for a number of months and then suddenly stopped working. It was setup using the registry modifications to send keyboard presses and worked great and was nice and responsive. Then one day I moved the HTPC and when I got it turned back on it no longer would send keyboard presses. ShowKey gets nothing when you hit a button but the device sees the signal (light on the box) and it works fine when I switched everything over to use EventGhost instead.

However, EventGhost isn't very responsive and has a bit of lag so I'd like to fix this thing. I had given up on things but just built a brand new Windows 8 box and it has the same issue. eHome device installs fine in device manager, but can't get it to emulate keypresses.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Do you have to have Windows Media Center installed for the device to work (because neither box has that installed, but the w7 box did at one time)?

Note, it isn't a conflict with EventGhost because I don't have that installed on the new box, and I have tried manually making the registry changes and using the XBMCregis.exe program as well. The registry keys do exist in the registry and there is the eHome devices in device manager, so I am baffled. Again, it did work fine at one point on the other machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
eHome remote worked w/XBMC for a while then stopped.0