• 7(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
Great news,
Looking forward to this update, this skin is so smooth and fast Smile

Will we be able to customise tiles in this update, I have some playlists and apps in my favourites that I'd love to add to specific tiles.

Also, how to bring up the power menu, can you add this into the "..." button/menu or let me know what key press it's assigned to as I one use a MCE remote and can't access to power options.

Thanks again,
Thanks,
no not at the moment because i am still working on customizable tiles and dashboard ads. I might be able to add this to the next update though Smile
and you should be able to open up the shut down menu by pressing "s" on your keyboard, but i will also add a button to the "..." menu.

Here are some of the recent changes i have made :

Added an option to centre the notification to the bottom of the screen
Added option to have alternative image for tv,movies & music section
Added option to enable steam,vevo,youtube backgrounds
Option to disable logos, profile picture,
Added option to enable an alternative osd (one has all controls, the other one is shorter)
Option to disable appbar & splash screen
Completely changed the gamertag section
Fixed the osd buttons
Fixed the minimize animation
Fixed the dashboard osd
Added sync notification at top of dashboard when Trakt.tv is retrieving info (this can be disabled in the settings)
Changed music section
Cleaned up the dashboard code to increase performance
Fixed the Video,programs,pictures,music navigation window (Is alot smoother now)
Changed the charms bar a little

Here are a few images :

I am also still changing around the osd menu and i will be making it look something similar to this image here :

I have now changed the osd and here is how it looks :

Here is the original one with all buttons enabled :

and here is the alternative one with less & smaller buttons :

Looking good, I like the forza Chase OSD Smile
Will you be making your smaller osd to look more like this (buttons on right/text on left)

Would you ever perhaps do what Saste did to the top home screenmenu to allow a visual aid to see what was being selected?

Xperince 2.0 had larger text when something was selected (I thought this looked incorrect/weird) however Saste modified this and added a quick "ballooning" of the menu text (TV/Movies/Music etc) as it was highlighted/selected, but it immediately returned to normal size (even if selected/highlighted). I think he pulled the code from the tile ballooning Smile

So as you navigate, the home screen menu text just slightly inflates, but immiedetly deflates it as soon as is selected.

Poor description, but very elegant, useful and fitting with the skin Smile

If I haven't made sense, I can post a video Smile

Looking forward o he custom buttons, this will be the perfect skin once that is added.

Thanks again for sharin your work! Smile
can't wait to try this update! good work so far!
like PatrickBateman I long for customizable tile to add my own shortcut!
thanks for your work!
cheers
Say what you want about MicroGreed but their designers have worked miracles once more for their user interface. Also giving credit to toyota12303 for adapting this for XBMC, massively hard job to skin any skin let alone doing something new and original.

I have to ask as I find this an important feature for any 360 or One skin.

1) Trailers. Will you be adding an option to play a movie trailer as soon as you go to it's movie information? This is a big part of the 360 and also the One.
2) Trakt.tv. Although I love seeing what new movies are about, but am I the only one who is worried that sometimes scripts go down. So if the script goes down, then you will end up losing all of the boxes and just having blank spaces instead.
3) Movie information. On the details section, I personally think that having file location is a reasonably bad idea. It just makes it look a bit like a file directory, is this really needed? File size is possibly the same? I would think that maybe date added at the top, last played and then play count would be more apt.
4) Actor film ology - Obviously this needs a lot of work as just a dull list at current, compared to the front end of the actors that you just clicked through.

May I throw a spanner in the works, and say that I think that the skin needs to contain more which is in your actual collection rather than relying on Trakt.tv as much or any other third party application.

I have just had a look at the website of Trakt.tv and it does contain more than what is in the skin, I am not sure if this is how Trakt.tv has actually got it for display on systems, or whether the skin needs tweaking more to include extra stuff.

Apart from that I am going to be torn between Xperience and this skin.

Regards

Mark
Hi Toyota,
Did you add the update, have I missed the link somewhere or is it nt yet posted Smile
Hi PatrickBateman,
Thanks and yeah i will be trying to make it look more like the xbox one's osd
and yeah i will try to add this feature shortly and you will be able to enable it from the settings, and i will also add an option for glowing titles on the dashboard (the text will fade and glow when focused)
i was going to upload it the other day but i am still changing the layout of the osd and views so i will be uploading it shortly Smile
& Mark ,
Thanks and yes i will be adding a button to view the trailer in the video information (this will require the youtube plugin)
2) i am still working on it but when i upload the update i will make it so that if you loose internet connection, or if trakt.tv cannot get video info then it will switch it to your library (display your own movies,tv shows & music on the dashboard)
3) yeah i will be adding an option in the settings to disable this
4) yeah i know i am still currently working on those sections and the views and will be changing this in the update

and yeah if anyone wants their own media displayed you can change this in the settings Smile

& i will be adding more trakt content soon but for more trakt.tv features you can get the Trakt.tv List manager and the trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler addons from here :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...st_Manager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138745
Update here is a list of the features i have recently added :

I have added a trailer button to the trakt.tv info window & the video info window
i have added a feature so if trakt.tv is offline or you have no internet then the dashboard ads will switch to your own media
i have added a option to have inflating text labels (when you focus a title the text will light up and get bigger)
i have added a option to have inflating items (when you focus on some items they will get bigger - keyboard, all views, trakt.tv, osd items, and more)
i have changed the animations of the splash, startup, dashboard, & views
i have changed the osd layout and added a new animation
most animations can be turned off in the settings
added option to disable sync icon on startup
you can disable the text in the osd, change to normal or alternative one
changed some backgrounds
changed the alarm notifications
changed most of the navigation sounds
changed alarm sound - you can pick your own if you want
added option to have notification alarm or dialog that will play alarm on loop till you click stop
changed around the views a little (actors,videos,music, games,apps)
added an option to have different animations for the dashboard

i am going to add an option to disable any item from the details section of the video information screen, and an option to select from a list of animations (Sine, Quadratic, Linear, Cubic) and then i will upload the update Smile

Here is a little video of the dashboard at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGRL_AT0...re=mh_lolz
Nice work! Can't wait!
Really like what you've done so far ... Nice animations, great ideas, very well aligned ! Just love it Smile
Keep it up.

Are your recent updates already avaiable?

Cheers
Thanks Smile
& butchabay i am uploading the skin now and i will post a link on the first post when its done Smile

i have recently added some new features :

you can now disable any item on the details section of video info window
you can pick a animation for the dashboard or have the original (you can pick: Sine,Quadric,Linear,Cubic)
added 2 more sections - Amazon & Wikipedia (these are linked to the web browser script - you can search for any item & view featured items)
changed animations to most dialog windows (this can also be changed in the settings)
changed dialog window layout
changed alarm section and created alarm dialog (when a media alarm is triggered a dialog will pop up & loop the alarm sound until you press ok) (you can also pick between notification or dialog in the settings)
added a button to the dashboard that will give you a small list of useful options (my collection, charms bar,power options,reload ads)
(visible when you click the "..." button on home)

here are a few images :

The update has just been uploaded you can download it from the first post, you will also need to install the dependencies for all functions to work properly Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25