banned subjects
rather than link folks to the forum rules every other day when a subject is made about icefilms/1chan/navi-x is it possible to add those strings to a list that will prevent the post from being made.

banned words so to speak?
if that was done, then we would not even see your post Smile
hahahaha @
(2013-06-21, 17:12)davilla Wrote: if that was done, then we would not even see your post Smile
יונתן בן-חיים
Maybe only on GPL discussions, Foundation, 501©3, ethics of free software, bylaws...
no, we just need a ban of idiots. that would cover your ass perfectly without the need for detailing.
I don't like flat blocking word filters, but there might be some kind of MyBB plug-in that could pop up a reminder to check the forum rules, or something, before proceeding with a post that contains certain words. That I wouldn't mind.
If filters or reminders are popped up, then users will just try to find ways around the filters by substituting letters etc.

the current system works well I feel, whilst not ideal...
(2013-06-22, 07:02)spiff Wrote: no, we just need a ban of idiots. that would cover your ass perfectly without the need for detailing.

If only you could do that in the real world
I think it would be normal if xbmc.org would speak with xbmchub.com, you are not enemies. Banning is no solution , and i am no fan of big brother since 1984.
(2013-06-23, 04:29)hstegeman Wrote: I think it would be normal if xbmc.org would speak with xbmchub.com, you are not enemies. Banning is no solution , and i am no fan of big brother since 1984.

The relationship between the two groups has nothing to do with this topic. People are not allowed to discuss blatant piracy topics on xbmc.org, period. That means no Navi-x, IceFilms, or 1Channel threads. If someone wants to talk about one of their pointless youtube-clone add-ons, by all means, go ahead.

And no, XBMC is not on good terms with xbmchub. They intentionally mislead users about a number of things, and go out of their way to associate XBMC with piracy.
The latest fun/game with xbcmhub/xbmcandroid is they pushed out a Geniatech ICS android source code drop for M3, the FULL ICS Android for M3... AMLogic and Geniatech are both upset and furious about this, NDA's all over the place have been violated. Both AMLogic and Geniatech are actively hunting the leaker.

Why would XBMC.org want anything to do with this type of irresponsible behavior.
Ignorense is a bliss. But not for me, i am curtain that most of the users of xbmc.org are making use of the wonderfull stuff made by xbmchub.com You are just ignoring a fact. Xbmc.org is making great things but xbmchub.com does have free apps that everybody wants to use. In my opion xbmc.org is making the basic system software, but xbmchub.com is making the apps that users want to have or buy in the future. I am no saint and i hope you are no saint too.
I might not be a saint but I don't see any reason to reward bad behavior. I think you are choosing to ignore this bad behavior. That's like saying it's ok for my neighbor to take gas from my car without asking because he offers to drive my kids to school.

If you really think this is ok, then I want nothing to do with you or your friends. If fact, this acceptance of bad behavior might cause me to re-think my development efforts. Why should I support this way of 'entitled' thinking. Must be something in the water...
Till for a few months i was downloading tv series and other files with a filehost named premiumize.me, the service was very good. I do not see a problem if am downloading files to see tv series on the time that i want. By example i would like to make use of the website hulu, the site is restricted for the us. Premiumize.me did give me a chance to make use of the website hulu by making use of a proxy server. In the us you do not need a proxy server to see hulu, it is for free. I do not have a problem with paying for a good service, but in europe you have to make use of other ways, or you will not get servered. Xbmchub does give me the chance to stream movies and tv series without having to download them, i would love to pay for such a service. I am sure that i am not the only one.
(2013-06-23, 06:43)hstegeman Wrote: i am curtain that most of the users of xbmc.org are making use of the wonderfull stuff made by xbmchub.com

I think you would be surprised how wrong you are. XBMC has been around for a long time and has had a large user base way before the availability of addons made by xbmc hub.com

(2013-06-23, 06:53)davilla Wrote: If fact, this acceptance of bad behavior might cause me to re-think my development efforts. Why should I support this way of 'entitled' thinking. Must be something in the water...

Please don't let a couple bad apples running it for everyone. I really appreciate your efforts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
banned subjects0