Help with music background art
I am fairly new to XBMC and so far love it as a replacement for WMC. I have a few questions as to how an clean up/add/delete some images within Music. I am confused as to the nomenclature about all the images that are available. There is mention of fanart, album art, artwork (downloader), etc. What I need help with is the artwork that is downloaded as a background for a group or artist and which changes every 30 seconds or so (if more than one image is available). Not sure what XBMC calls this (background fanart??). My problem is some of the images that were automatically downloaded when I first set up XBMC is horrible or not of the artist that it’s supposed to be. Some of the pictures only show the tops of the heads of people, some are cut off from the sides, or I get a picture of the wrong artist or group.

My questions are:
*Where does XBMC store these background images? I take it they are separated in folders by artist.
*Can I delete the ones I don’t want?
*How can I add new images/photos to show up for a group or artist in the background, either manually or through an add-on?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
For next time, a question like this is better asked in general help and support. Wink

The slideshow images are fetched by an add on Artist_Slideshow
Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> XBMC.org Add-ons -> Program Add-ons -> Artist Slideshow -> configure.

Where you can set it to for example only use landscape images of a certain size.

All the big background images are called fanart. The normal fanart on all items, from series to albums can be changed in the info dialog. They are downloaded by the addon Artwork Downloader that you can also configure.

If XBMC has focus on an item you wish to change you can press "i" on a keyboard to either scan for the correct name or change the related artwork from within the skin. You can also access that menu from the context menu by pressing "c" and choosing info.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Wink 
Excellent. Thanks MassIV. I hope to play around with this later today. I may have additional questions as I proceed, but thanks for getting me started! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with music background art0