Req PVR - Reminders?
Just wondering if anyone is currently working on additional features for PVR as I'd love to see reminders integrated? I would love to see an option to set a reminder that could result in a pop up dialog to switch to the program regardless of what is taking place in xbmc. Quite often I want to watch something that's on later on so I'll start a film or some other form of media to then forget about my desired program. All the other features of PVR are excellent and as far as I'm concerned this is the only feature I'd like to see added.
Yes, would love this too.. would be awesome to have a bunch of options like;

Remind me once
Remind me whenever 'x' airs at this time (on this day)
Remind me every time 'x' airs
Umm the point of PVR is to record that programme and watch it later...

Why do you need a reminder? Just finish your movie and watch the recording later.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's actually pretty nice to have something like that. Most commercial DVRs will pop up noting that a recording is starting and ask if you want to switch, and then dismiss itself if nothing happens. Sometimes people set recordings to help ensure they don't miss the show, rather than not being able to watch it live.
Exactly, I don't tend to record programs that often as most series that I watch I download anyway, I use live TV for programs that aren't really worth recording. Even the most basic of commercial devices offer the ability to remind the user of a commencing program so I think it should be a feature that is implemented.
+1
+1, this would be perfect for things like sports, that i'll watch if I happen to be in front of the tv but are not worth recording. Seems like it could be added to a recording timer, just add the option to remind rather than record.
This would be awesome! But I think it wouldn't be that hard to implement this on skin level without any changes to XBMC's backend.

I'm gonna have a look at that tomorrow. Not promising anything, but I'll post my progress here.
(2013-10-01, 11:30)MartijnGP Wrote: This would be awesome! But I think it wouldn't be that hard to implement this on skin level without any changes to XBMC's backend.

I'm gonna have a look at that tomorrow. Not promising anything, but I'll post my progress here.
Did you made any progress on this? Trying to create a script/addon myself using this as a baseline http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105941
I hope I'm not going to get slated for resurrecting a 2 1/2 year post!

However, this is one functionality that currently Kodi is missing, so I'm going to bump it to see if there is any interest in developing this!? Wink

I appriciate that you can currently schedule a recording, but sometimes I don't want to record, I just want to be reminded e.g so take this scenerio... I sit down for the evening see there's somthing I would like to watch at 9:00, normally I would probably find something else to watch in the time being and then flip over to the channel at 9:00 ( this method requires various degrees of clock watching!!!)

What I would like is the ability to browse the EPG click record and then have a dialogue menu pop up saying either remind me or record.

If I select "remind me" then it would be great to have the option for a reminder to pop up say 5 minutes before the programme starts and auto tune (change the channel)... I've seen this been done on some commercial PVR's and this works great, as the programme is then "recorded" in the "timeshift" buffer and give you the ability to rewind if you happen to miss the reminder...

hope this makes sense?

Thanks Ash
+1 for this.

I think I requested something like this in the past also. It would make PVR complete for me.
+1 for this.
+1

Martin
(2015-02-01, 11:52)AshG Wrote: I hope I'm not going to get slated for resurrecting a 2 1/2 year post!

However, this is one functionality that currently Kodi is missing, so I'm going to bump it to see if there is any interest in developing this!? Wink

I appriciate that you can currently schedule a recording, but sometimes I don't want to record, I just want to be reminded e.g so take this scenerio... I sit down for the evening see there's somthing I would like to watch at 9:00, normally I would probably find something else to watch in the time being and then flip over to the channel at 9:00 ( this method requires various degrees of clock watching!!!)

What I would like is the ability to browse the EPG click record and then have a dialogue menu pop up saying either remind me or record.

If I select "remind me" then it would be great to have the option for a reminder to pop up say 5 minutes before the programme starts and auto tune (change the channel)... I've seen this been done on some commercial PVR's and this works great, as the programme is then "recorded" in the "timeshift" buffer and give you the ability to rewind if you happen to miss the reminder...

hope this makes sense?

Thanks Ash

Just let it record and watch it when you feel like it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-02, 09:25)nickr Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 11:52)AshG Wrote: I hope I'm not going to get slated for resurrecting a 2 1/2 year post!

hope this makes sense?

Thanks Ash

Just let it record and watch it when you feel like it.

Hmmm nope.... What about a live sporting event? .... So for example, I'm a big Football fan (I mean proper football! none of this picking up a funny shaped ball with your hands and running with it Tongue)

If my team were playing live on TV then I would always watch it live, I may record it to watch it again, but I would never record it to "watch it when you feel like it". The whole point of a football match is the result, half of the enjoyment of watching it is not knowing the result…. The reminder function would alert me that it has started, but give me, or rather my family the flexibility to watch something else with the knowledge that I will be notified when it has or about to start.

I agree the majority of the time with films, series, documentaries etc. I do record and watch another time but even then there are times when I want to watch it "live".... Sporting event though, a different story… surly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR - Reminders?4