• 2(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
(2013-07-12, 02:25)shedrock Wrote: I turned on run periodically option and rebooted my machine. When XBMC started it prompted me that the update was starting. As soon as it started XBMC locked up and restarted.

I will try to replicate it again tomorrow and report back.

Specs:

Zotac AD-04, 4GB RAM, AMD
OpenELEC 3.0.6

Shedrock

hm, strange, waiting for more informations... is something in the log?
Here is my log from a few minutes ago. IT definitely slows down my system as well when it is updating.

http://pastebin.com/G5smC50Q
Wow, what a cool and useful addon. Thanks a bunch for this :-)

shedrock: what are your experiences using it with Rapier?

How is it slowing down your system?

Edit: I'm running it now as well, and it also really really slows down everything in XBMC while running on my system...
I saw the post before you edited it.Big Grin

I would love to see this implemented into Rapier if Jandalf could fix this issue with the speed.

Shedrock
(2013-07-13, 12:54)shedrock Wrote: I would love to see this implemented into Rapier if Jandalf could fix this issue with the speed.

Cool, but as I see it, and correct me if I'm wrong, there's not a lot of ways to implement it. It runs by itself and automatically updates the db.

I can create some buttons in the skin settings for the addon...

Btw, did you try the new update of Rapier?
good stuff mate, You can use this icon if you want. I made it for the other imdb update script but you can use it too. it is high-res 1000x1000 png.

which is the other imdb update script ?
Buttons would be great Gade.

I haven't tried the new Rapier you released today but I am going to. I have to be careful because my files are heavily modified as you probably know based on the pics I had in the rapier thread.

I am actually going now to use winmerge to do a file comparison.
(2013-07-12, 23:32)shedrock Wrote: Here is my log from a few minutes ago. IT definitely slows down my system as well when it is updating.

http://pastebin.com/G5smC50Q
very strange, can you post a debug log, xbmc seems to have a problem with updating movies, the debug log will help me...
(2013-07-13, 15:43)Gade Wrote: Cool, but as I see it, and correct me if I'm wrong, there's not a lot of ways to implement it. It runs by itself and automatically updates the db.
yes your right, a button which runs the function listed above (release notes v0.4.0) will do it.

do you also use openelec?

is only XBMC slow or the whole system (cpu usage)?
I am running OpenELEC 3.0.6. I will have to get back to you on the CPU usage.

Update: I just started XBMC and the IMDB script failed.
(2013-07-13, 21:38)Jandalf Wrote: yes your right, a button which runs the function listed above (release notes v0.4.0) will do it.

do you also use openelec?

is only XBMC slow or the whole system (cpu usage)?

Cool, I will add the buttons to the Rapier skin right away.

I use Windows 7, and as I see it, only XBMC is affected (slow, random freezes etc).
I was just watching a movie and I got the IMDb update notification popup with the error "IMBd.update.script.failed. I get this error every time the script tries to initiate.
(2013-07-13, 17:24)krish_2k4 Wrote: good stuff mate, You can use this icon if you want. I made it for the other imdb update script but you can use it too. it is high-res 1000x1000 png.

thank you, but which one is the other script?

(2013-07-13, 22:37)shedrock Wrote: I am running OpenELEC 3.0.6. I will have to get back to you on the CPU usage.

Update: I just started XBMC and the IMDB script failed.
can you please post a debug log?

(2013-07-13, 22:55)Gade Wrote: Cool, I will add the buttons to the Rapier skin right away.

I use Windows 7, and as I see it, only XBMC is affected (slow, random freezes etc).

Forgot to mention: you can also add a hidden flag to the function (now better documented...)

k, can you also post a debug log while the script is running?
(2013-07-14, 16:18)Jandalf Wrote:
(2013-07-13, 17:24)krish_2k4 Wrote: good stuff mate, You can use this icon if you want. I made it for the other imdb update script but you can use it too. it is high-res 1000x1000 png.

thank you, but which one is the other script?

this one, you linked to it in the first post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331
(2013-07-14, 17:11)krish_2k4 Wrote: this one, you linked to it in the first post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331

ah ok and he didn't use it. I will see which one I will take...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6