• 26(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
Thank you for the clarification, i appreciate it Smile . You are right, i am using the official Playstore version, maybe i try the Kodi beta program. I am too, like a reliable version, that's why i wanted to stay with the official release. The recommendation with EsutaryMod is interesting too, i am using Aeon Nox (still my favorite, but i haven't tried something else for a while now).

Greetz
(2017-02-12, 16:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 18:51)Mario S. Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: I am using version 0.8.10 without any issues with Krypton final under Windows. However, I only use it to update IMDb Top 250 info. If anybody wants it, I can share a link with the files I am using.

Regards,

Bart

yes please share a link i test it on latest libreelec !!!

Here is a link to the version I am using in Krypton (under Windows). https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqtfv82a9u82nl...e.zip?dl=0

Regards,

Bart

Thanks! Works great. I hope the original author shows up some time to update the original post. This is too good of an addon to be left dead.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Since a few days it wont work anymore imdb update error !
I am using latest Libreelec (Krypton) !!
(2017-05-20, 13:10)Mario S. Wrote: Since a few days it wont work anymore imdb update error !

Mario S.,

Since May 8th, 2017 and for the time being, due to the high bandwidth costs, access to omdbapi is private. Visit their site www.omdbapi.com to learn how to become a patron and get an apikey that can be appended to all requests so that it works again. For a minimum of US$1 per month you can become a patron.

This addon, for MPAA update and for Rating update, depends on omdbapi. Thus, those type of requests might not be working right now. Top 250 is not affected, since it scrapes directly from the IMDb Top 250 page.

Just as a clarification, I am in no way affiliated with omdbapi. However, I really appreciate their service and became a patron since they opened that possibility, and I am using a modified version of this addon, in which I added my omdbapi apikey, and it is working fine in Krypton and Leia.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the answers bsoriano!!
bsoriano

I have not yet subscribed to omdapi, but if I do how do I add the apikey to this plugin as there seems to be nowhere to enter it?

Thanks

malcolm
Would also like to know how to do it

Sent fra min LG-H960 via Tapatalk
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2017-05-20, 16:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-05-20, 13:10)Mario S. Wrote: Since a few days it wont work anymore imdb update error !

Mario S.,

Since May 8th, 2017 and for the time being, due to the high bandwidth costs, access to omdbapi is private. Visit their site www.omdbapi.com to learn how to become a patron and get an apikey that can be appended to all requests so that it works again. For a minimum of US$1 per month you can become a patron.

This addon, for MPAA update and for Rating update, depends on omdbapi. Thus, those type of requests might not be working right now. Top 250 is not affected, since it scrapes directly from the IMDb Top 250 page.

Just as a clarification, I am in no way affiliated with omdbapi. However, I really appreciate their service and became a patron since they opened that possibility, and I am using a modified version of this addon, in which I added my omdbapi apikey, and it is working fine in Krypton and Leia.

Regards,

Bart

Can u please tell me/us how to do this?

I am now a "Patron", but from here i dont know what to do. Where i find my key, how i use it?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.

Software:
Sorry I have not been around for a few days.

Once you become a Patron, you should receive your apikey via e-mail.

Here is what I did to get it to work using my apikey:

1. go to the folder script.imdbupdate/resources/lib
2. Edit the file imdbMovie.py
3. Around line 24 (at least that is the line number for me, using Notepad++), you will find a line like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s" % self.__imdbID
4. Change it to look like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s&apikey=xxxxxxxx" % self.__imdbID
5. Save the file.

Of course, replace xxxxxxxx with your actual api key.

I am not a python programmer yet, nor am I the author of this script. Ideally, the script would have a setting where you can enter your api key and then it would use it.

I hope others find this useful.

Regards,

Bart
Can it not be changed to just pull the data from imdb instead of a 3rd party? There must be a way to keep it free?
Thank you Bsoriano

Have subscribed for the key, and with your instructions all now working well.

Thanks again
Its working here also! thanks mate!

Software:
(2017-05-26, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: Once you become a Patron, you should receive your apikey via e-mail.

This doesn't seem to work. I paid the fee but never received an API.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2017-05-28, 04:43)wgstarks Wrote:
(2017-05-26, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: Once you become a Patron, you should receive your apikey via e-mail.

This doesn't seem to work. I paid the fee but never received an API.

Just discovered that once you sign up as a patron you have to go here and request an API key to be emailed to you. The process isn't automated.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Just became a patreon.

Now updating movies via the API.

I found the process, after signing, up was automated with regards to receiving an automatic email for both OMDb API and Poster API.

Worthwhile donation of $1 per month. Smile
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6