• 28(current)
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*
I'm actually working to make it compatible for LibreELEC...

Step-by-step...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-06-22, 08:47)RealJustMe Wrote: android for me

+1
(2017-06-22, 00:33)glubbish Wrote: I am interested in ubuntu.

Take a look here. Let me know...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2017-05-26, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: Sorry I have not been around for a few days.

Once you become a Patron, you should receive your apikey via e-mail.

Here is what I did to get it to work using my apikey:

1. go to the folder script.imdbupdate/resources/lib
2. Edit the file imdbMovie.py
3. Around line 24 (at least that is the line number for me, using Notepad++), you will find a line like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s" % self.__imdbID
4. Change it to look like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s&apikey=xxxxxxxx" % self.__imdbID
5. Save the file.

Of course, replace xxxxxxxx with your actual api key.

I am not a python programmer yet, nor am I the author of this script. Ideally, the script would have a setting where you can enter your api key and then it would use it.

I hope others find this useful.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

I can't seem to get this working.
Already received my API key and was charged 1$ so I guess my key should be active.

But when trying to start the IMDB addon I get:

"IMDB Update Error
Check the log for more information..."

and this is what my log says:

Code:
20:03:39.767 T:140137566127872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('unindent does not match any outer indentation level', ('/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py', 26, 43, '            request = urllib2.Request(url)\n'))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.movies import Movies
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/movies.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from imdbMovie import imdbMovie
                                            IndentationError: ('unindent does not match any outer indentation level', ('/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py', 26, 43, '            request = urllib2.Request(url)\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anyone got an idea whats going on here?
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Hi guys,

For who may be interested, the new version of Light IMDb Ratings Update is finally available! Take a look to this post for the details on the new release.

Cheers!
(2017-07-01, 20:25)Maaarv Wrote:
(2017-05-26, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote: Sorry I have not been around for a few days.

Once you become a Patron, you should receive your apikey via e-mail.

Here is what I did to get it to work using my apikey:

1. go to the folder script.imdbupdate/resources/lib
2. Edit the file imdbMovie.py
3. Around line 24 (at least that is the line number for me, using Notepad++), you will find a line like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s" % self.__imdbID
4. Change it to look like this: url="http://omdbapi.com/?i=%s&apikey=xxxxxxxx" % self.__imdbID
5. Save the file.

Of course, replace xxxxxxxx with your actual api key.

I am not a python programmer yet, nor am I the author of this script. Ideally, the script would have a setting where you can enter your api key and then it would use it.

I hope others find this useful.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

I can't seem to get this working.
Already received my API key and was charged 1$ so I guess my key should be active.

But when trying to start the IMDB addon I get:

"IMDB Update Error
Check the log for more information..."

and this is what my log says:

Code:
20:03:39.767 T:140137566127872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndentationError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('unindent does not match any outer indentation level', ('/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py', 26, 43, '            request = urllib2.Request(url)\n'))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.movies import Movies
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/movies.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from imdbMovie import imdbMovie
                                            IndentationError: ('unindent does not match any outer indentation level', ('/storage/.kodi/addons/script.imdbupdate/resources/lib/imdbMovie.py', 26, 43, '            request = urllib2.Request(url)\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anyone got an idea whats going on here?

Someone got the same problem or has an idea what I'm doing wrong?
I simply followed the instructions above from bsoriano and also tried reinstalling the plugin before.
Still can't get this to work with my API key.

edit: don't know why, but it's working now...
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Hello,

In case anyone is interested, I have this addon working under Leia in Windows. If you wish to use it for more than keeping Top 250 updated, please remember to include your OMDB API Key as instructed further back in this topic. Unzip the archive in the following link to your addons folder, and remember to enable it in Kodi (Krypton and above):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFh_R3_Tr_Qd63ObmMJQ

I only use it to update the Top 250 info, so I am not sure it is working fine for other functions.

EDIT: I just tried the ratings and MPAA functions, and they also work well (with the OMDB API Key).

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-08-29, 01:05)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

In case anyone is interested, I have this addon working under Leia in Windows. If you wish to use it for more than keeping Top 250 updated, please remember to include your OMDB API Key as instructed further back in this topic. Unzip the archive in the following link to your addons folder, and remember to enable it in Kodi (Krypton and above):

I only use it to update the Top 250 info, so I am not sure it is working fine for other functions.

EDIT: I just tried the ratings and MPAA functions, and they also work well (with the OMDB API Key).

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Bart

couldnt install on Krypton, dependencies not met.
(2017-08-30, 00:02)Edworld Wrote:

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Bart

couldnt install on Krypton

Change the GUI version in the addon.xml from 5.13 to 5.12 and it should work on Krypton.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-08-30, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 00:02)Edworld Wrote:

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Bart

couldnt install on Krypton

Change the GUI version in the addon.xml from 5.13 to 5.12 and it should work on Krypton.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks! this add-on is a quick way to update top250 for playlist purposes.
It sure is! That's why I wanted it to keep working. Glad there wasn't that much that needed changing, as my python skills are basic at best.

Regards,

Bart
Hi guys.

A quick notification about a new release of my add-on to update ratings and number of votes for Movies (including Top 250) and TV Shows/Episodes.

Just "follow the rabbit" in mi signature...  Wink

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Bart
Edit.. nevermind.. thanks!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
For anyone else finding this mod has died dont buy an api key or anything, good news is theres a new mod that works just as good.

Linky:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342

Just install from zip & run it from the addons in main menu (not addons in settings, took me a while to figure that 1 out)
I just ran the MPAA update, and now EVERY single movie has NR rating on them

WTF?? How i fix this? (Im on Hellix so the Light IMDB ratings update add-on wont work)
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] IMDb Update (Movie Ratings + Top250 + MPAA) *Jarvis*6