Win nearly nothing works (no audio & 1frame per hour video)
hi,

well first of all, ive read the thread about video stutter and audio problems, but nothing helped.

my problem is, as the thread title already says, that xbmc doesnt work properly on my windows machine, i got no audio and ultra slow video, like 1 frame per hour - no difference wether its HD or SD.

im completely new to xbmc, and i hope you guys can tell me what i have to do to get sound and video working, my recent idea is that i might be missing some codecs, but i dont know wich.
please tell me if you need more information, i'll deliver as soon as possible.

my system is btw powerful enough for xbmc:
AMD FX-8120 @ 3,6GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 570 (running P8 state while xbmc is running)
Samsung Monitor @hdmi (no sound!) & old iiyama 5:4 screen @ DVI
ASUS Xonar D1 -> Sennheiser PC360 & Audio gets Kernel-streamed to onboard Realtek sound -> Logitech 2.1 system

thanks in advance,

kingspride from germany
Audio output settings.

Initially, set it to Analog 2.0, and set the output device to whatever device is listed that you'll want to hear it from.

My guess is that the output device is set to something like your monitor via HDMI, and you've got all the advanced audio options enabled - and your monitor can't do it, and it's failing, hence the low FPS playback.
thank you, you directed me into the right direction - my asus soundcard was already set as output, but with directsound - i tried some random switching and with WASAPI: ASUS Xonar D1 i heard the menü clicking sound. now its working, and as you said, the video now plays back properly.

thank you for that simple idea! im glad its working now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nearly nothing works (no audio & 1frame per hour video)0