XBMCbuntu encoding problem
I use XBMCbuntu with Frodo 12.2 Aeon Nox 4.1.9. I maintain the whole with my MacPro 2010 over ssh.

I have a problem with the way XBMCbuntu encode files with accented characters in files. I scrap my whole library with media-passion which is a french dedicated scrapper for xbmc. They defined their personal genres for movie. Unfortunately they give their genres names, accented characters, like "Comédie" for "Comedy". When I try to put images for genre in the dedicated folder of Aeon Nox, pictures appear except for the one with accented characters.
Does anyone know how I should rename my files so the images are visible in xbmc.

So far I have tried to rename like this:
"Comédie.jpg" => "Comedie.jpg"
"Comédie.jpg" => "Com√©die.jpg"
"Comédie.jpg" => "ComÇdie.jpg"
with no success. Any clue?
HTPC homemade - BOX SilverStone Lascala LC17 - CPU Intel Core i3-3220T (2.8 GHz) - CM ASRock B75 Pro3 - HD Crucial M4 64 Go - CG ASUS GeForce GT 610 Low Profile 1 GB - RAM Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue Series 4 Go (2x2 Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 - POWER Be Quiet! Power 7 400 W 80PLUS - REMOTE Harmony 650 - Frodo 12.2 XBMCbuntu Aeon-Nox 4.1.9 - MacPro 2010 - SMB
What are the mount options for your data disk (output of mount). UTF-8 for the encoding helps. Not sure what my box says, I am at work ATM.

Is your Mac-Terminal capable to run UTF-8? I'd propose to first rename the files in a terminal session directly at the XBMC-Box. Plug in a keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-F1, login and see what the renames achive there.

I once had a MiniMac and rsync'ing files between Mac and Ubuntu was a real PITA, just because of Umlauts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu encoding problem0