Solved XBMCbuntu 12.2 video output cropped/windowed on TV
I noticed something strange and i am wondering if anyone else has seen something like this, or possibly have a fix for this. When i connect my HTPC running xbmcbuntu 12.2 to a PC screen with a hdmi cable, the video displays correctly as it should, but when i connect it to either one of our TVs also with a hdmi cable only the central 90% or so of the video output is displayed, in essence the outer portion of the video is cropped out. Though the tv detects the input as being exactly what the output is set on the PC (in this case 1920x1080 @ 60Hz). The graphics card that i am using is a geforce gt610.

Thanks
Turn off overscanning in the settings of your tv.
The only thing i can find on the screen the resembles overscanning is a zoom settin, but this can only be set higher, ie to overscan more.

Both monitors i can plug my playstation and other hd outputs in and they display just fine....isn't it possible to be some kind of driver issue or something in the driver or in the configuration that needs to be set up as it is detecting the screens wrong for whatever reason? (assuming there is some sort of comms that happens over the hdmi) But then i can't understand why the screens are detecting the input resolution correctly as is set on the pc but cannot display it as such.
You can use the Calibration with xbmc, but that sucks - which exact TV Brand and Model do you use?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok it think some thanks are in order Blush i fiddled around some more and searched around on the internets and found that under the size setting (where you would set 16:9 4:3 etc) there is a fit option and you need to set it to this and it seems to work. Well it on one for the screens, but not on the other as it doesn't have the fit setting under size......but this might just be because it is a very old, i think 1st generation 1080 hd plasma screen old. Will dig around and see if i can find manual maybe that have some clues, but its no problem really as the samsung is the main house tv in any case.

The lg is a 42px4mvh, and the samsung is a ua32b6.
On Samsung it is "Fit" as you figured correctly. The LG should have something labeled "Just Scan".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks i will look for that.
i had a similar problem and the solution was to reduce the refresh rate in video output settings.
hope it helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu 12.2 video output cropped/windowed on TV0