Keymap for xbox360 controller
Does anyone have a good keymap / layout file for using 360 controller? Using Gotham (Aeon Nox 4). Default layout is OK, but not ideal IMO. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum.
I do have a good one - will post it as soon as I get home (~4h)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

That's great to hear! As I say, great to have the pad supported, but could do with bring able to use buttons to skip tracks back, fwd, seek etc. Really greatful for your reply!
Argh, sorry - totally forgot about that one. Made an entry in my calendar so I won't forget tonight Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/cc9ycrEq

Thanks so much! That was really helpful! Stone nice changes you've made. And, I never knew how long/full the joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml was! Its massive !!!

I'd like to make a change so that LB and RB skip BACK / FWD when playing music. I like how you can seek through songs with the left stick btw!

Gonna go see what I can edit / break ! :-p
I usually end up breaking *something* when I mess with xml. :-)
Just so I'm clear, the file in question is:

'joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml'

and is located in:

C:\Program Files\XBMC 13.1\system\keymaps

is that right?

I see it is *also* located in:

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

I ask because I'm trying to edit button 5 (LB) and button 6 (RB) to skip previous and skip next track (globally) (SkipPrevious and SkipNext). But I can't get it to work. Instead, it's taking me to the nowplaying 'playlist' (6/RB).

regards.

(I tried looking on the Wiki but it's under construction at the minute)
I always delete the keymap under program files - my edited one is in user data. This has the advantage that when updating xbmc, my edited keymap isn't overwritten. So, delete the one in program files and place yours in the user data folder.

I'm still not clear, this is the correct file to edit, yep?:
joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml

And I am to delete the instance of said file from C:\program files\xbmc\system\keymaps yep?

And finally place my edited copy of the file into C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps yep?

final paranoid question! -(no other files matter?- not gamepad.xml, nor keyboard.xml in any location)
Sorry for the late reply:

(2014-09-30, 21:51)PantsOnFire Wrote: I'm still not clear, this is the correct file to edit, yep?:
joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml
yep.

Quote:And I am to delete the instance of said file from C:\program files\xbmc\system\keymaps yep?
Yep.

Quote:And finally place my edited copy of the file into C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps yep?
Yep.

Quote:final paranoid question! -(no other files matter?- not gamepad.xml, nor keyboard.xml in any location)
Yep.

Ugh! I must have been half asleep when I last tried this stuff. --I just went back to the XML file and noticed I have two instances of buttonid5 and 6 doing two different things.

All sorted now! Thanks for all the help! Jeesh, noobie hour or what!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap for xbox360 controller0