vlc external player help
hi guys,

im using OS: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1
XBMC version: frodo v12.2

ive been spending a few days searching online about how to get xbmc to use vlc as my default media player for my movies and tv shows. ive found quite a bit of info that has been very helpful. my current playercodefactory file looks like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -f --play-and-exit</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="VLC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(a pre note: ive only been trying to play yv shows as of right now, im sure if i can get those to play correctly, movies wont be an issue)

so everything works great, when i select a video to play it launches vlc and plays the file just fine. my issue however is when the video is done playing it automatically starts playing the next episode. even closing vlc out the next episode loads itself right into vlc again without fail. ive tried turning off the xbmc option to play next file automatically, but cant find any other option inside xbmc itself.

so being for all intents and purposes code illiterate, im sure there is a line i could add into the .xml file to stop that from happening but i cant find anything. there is no mention of this problem in any post ive tracked down through google, so this is either solely my issue, or has a simple soultion that eludes me.

so what i need help with isnt so much that the next episode automatically starts playing (i like that feature), its that when i go to close vlc, either to turn it off or change shows, it will automatically reload itself and start the next episode by itself (which is very annoying). i greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

PS: the reason i like vlc as a player is that it is much easier for me to manipulate things like volume and video aspect through vlc as opposed to xbmc's default player. the default player functions just fine, but the layout just isnt to my liking and im very comfortable using vlc.
I seem to find this line inb more than one message.

args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>

while yours is

<args>"{1}" -f --play-and-exit</args>

Links http://thewebsurferslife.blogspot.ca/201...layer.html
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158320
thank you for your reply. i, too, have seen this line as well and have tried it before. i just changed it to that just now to double check, still no luck. im not positive, but i think there is some default setting somewhere that is telling the next episode to launch at the close of the current video. i just cant seem to find it. im positive i have everything on the xbmc side of things set correctly. im pretty sure there is no command in vlc that would auto set just by linking it to xbmc to force the launch of something never queued. but then again, this could be a reason why there is no easy way to set it up this and why information is sporadic at best. gonna keep fooling around with some settings though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
vlc external player help0