Play 3D inside XBMC using external player
Hi all:

I have on my library some 3D movies and to watch them I use powerDVD.

I think it's possible to see those movies without exiting XBMC using powerDVD as an external player (for that kind of movies only).

The problem is that I don't have any idea where to start ||| is it possible ?? and if possible can someone give me the steps Huh
Use PowerDVD as external player. There are different threads on how to use external player. You will need to define the file name to include tags like 3D so that the external player is launched for 3D movies only. For example Avatar.3D.SBS.mkv

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <player name="3DPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
          <filename>C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe</filename>
          <args>"{1}"</args>
          <hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
          <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
          <forceontop>false</forceontop>
     </player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Ok That I had already understood.

So when I copy the above playercore changing it according to my specs it will work ??

Where am I suposed to place the playercorefactory: c:/progams/XBMC/userdate Huh

thanks in advance for your assistance.
Place it in the xbmc userdata folder C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
Ok so I placed the playercore xml file using the following path:

c:/programas(x86)/XBMC/userdata (it's a win7 64bits):

tha exact file is:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="powerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programas(x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd13\powerdvd13.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*3D.HSBS*" player="powerDVD13"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Checked that the movie name had the "3D-HSBS" and tested.

It didn't work,

Movie opened with normal XBMC player.

Any ideas ??
Ok I had placed the xml on the wrong place.
It must be placed at: user/appdata/roaming/xbmc/userdata

So now I must be close to the solution, as when I try to play the file correctly named it won't start but when I right click on the movie I have a dropdown menu that now has the following option:

"play using" clicking on that I have 2 options: powerdvd13(default) and (dvdplayer)
The problem is that if I chose the powerdvd13 it still refuses to play and if I chose dvd player it uses the XBMC internal player.
What is wrong with my xml file ??
Please check the file name again. Also refer other external player threads where PowerDVD is mentioned.

You should also enable the option 'Use a full screen window rather than true full screen' in video settings.

Quote:Checked that the movie name had the "3D-HSBS" and tested.
This is exactly what I want to do. But I put all my 3D movies in a specific folder

D:/bluray/3d

So can you do it that way by separating them into a folder instead of naming the movie 3d like Avatar 3D?
Ok I will try with a movie in a separated folder, and will check carefully name of the movie.

Will be back as soon as possible with results.

Sorry:

what do you mean by "You should also enable the option 'Use a full screen window rather than true full screen' in video settings."

I don't se where I have to change that !!!
(2013-07-01, 22:17)rob_talisman Wrote: This is exactly what I want to do. But I put all my 3D movies in a specific folder

D:/bluray/3d

So can you do it that way by separating them into a folder instead of naming the movie 3d like Avatar 3D?

The condition <rule filename="*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/> can be used and I think file name includes the path so this should work.

(2013-07-01, 22:50)HILFER Wrote: Ok I will try with a movie in a separated folder, and will check carefully name of the movie.

Will be back as soon as possible with results.

Sorry:

what do you mean by "You should also enable the option 'Use a full screen window rather than true full screen' in video settings."

I don't se where I have to change that !!!

It is under xbmc video settings.
Sorry but it's not working.

And I don't see any option on video settings to switch to full screen !! the menus on my XBMC video settings are: LIBRARY-PLAYBACK-FILE LISTS-SUBTITLES-DVD
and I checked all them didn't find any option to use a full screeen.
Sorry. It is under System Settings > Video output
yes it is.

Tried but still no succes.

Don't know what to do now.

Will keep watching my 3D movies on PowerDVD.

I've already tried 3 media programs and none seems to handle with this feature : MP, Plex and XBMC.

Too bad
^^ What is your 3d media file name format? Give an example (like D:\3D Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar.3D.SBS.mkv)
Are they sbs and ou movies?
(2013-07-02, 14:04)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ What is your 3d media file name format? Give an example.
Are they sbs and ou movies?

Ok here you have an example:

the folder where the movie is, it's named: ALICE IN WONDERLAND 3D.HSBS
inside the folder I have: Alice in wonderland 3D.HSBS.mp4
Alice in wonderland 3D.HSBS.srt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play 3D inside XBMC using external player0