Scaling always reverts back to "nearest neighbor"
Hi, I was wondering why 720p or smaller resolution files always looked so bad in terms of image quality... I found XBMC is always using "nearest neighbor" as a default scaling method .

The next surprise was that increasing the scaling method did not produce a noticeable higher CPU load... if using "nearest neighbor" or "Lanczos3 optimized" the resulting workload on the CPU stayed almost the same, although the image quality increased vastly. But the setting is only stored once per movie and the next one is again using "nearest neighbor" all over again. Is there a way to change that? Is there a way to always use "Lanczos3 optimized" as a default?

I'm using XBMCubuntu with VDPAU and an Atom_ION Board. Is the scaling done by the GPU or why did't I notice an increased workload an my little Atom330?

thanx!
Scroll down in the video dialog and hit "use as default for all movies" or what it was called ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scaling always reverts back to "nearest neighbor"0