change resolution in config/setting files?
XBMC is defaulting to a video resolution that's not supported on my TV. How do I change XBMC's video resolution to 720p (1280x720) via the config/setting files?
Which OS do you have?
What sort of connection to the TV?
Derek
I'm running openelec (linux). HDMI. Nvidia 8600 GS -> Denon AV receiver -> Vizio HDTV
I'm guessing, as I haven't tried OpenElec, and haven't played with XBMC settings on a linux PC -
If you have, installed, tvservice and edidparser you can dump the edid info:
tvservice -d edid.dat
and then analyse it to see what resolutions are available, and how the 'best' is selected:
edidparser edid.dat

My thought is that things are getting muddled through that connection chain, but how you force a new resolution for XBMC I don't know - you might be better off asking this in the linux section
Derek
The currently set resolution should be stored somewhere in guisettings.xml held in the Userdata folder, do a backup of the file if you mess with it though.
(2013-07-03, 09:16)dandnsmith Wrote: I'm guessing, as I haven't tried OpenElec, and haven't played with XBMC settings on a linux PC -
If you have, installed, tvservice and edidparser you can dump the edid info:
tvservice -d edid.dat
and then analyse it to see what resolutions are available, and how the 'best' is selected:
edidparser edid.dat

My thought is that things are getting muddled through that connection chain, but how you force a new resolution for XBMC I don't know - you might be better off asking this in the linux section

I got command not found error when running those. I looked around the file system for the full path, but couldn't find anything. Any other ideas?

(2013-07-03, 10:57)jjd-uk Wrote: The currently set resolution should be stored somewhere in guisettings.xml held in the Userdata folder, do a backup of the file if you mess with it though.

I made the change to resolution 18 and screenmode 00128000720060.00000p, but no luck. Any other ideas?

Also, I just realized I'm not getting the Openelec splah screen either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change resolution in config/setting files?0