XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
@caspkb: I've done an initial round of profiling and fixed all the biggest bottlenecks in the code.

The Movie -> Browse page is still quite taxing due to the sheer amount of HTML that has to be generated. Implementing pagination (let's say 50 items per page) would speed things up significantly. Another bottleneck was the API calls which are now cachable. On the movie filter page the process of JavaScript-encoding the movie names for the typeahead filter field still takes some time, I just haven't gotten around to caching that yet.

I've added some runtime caching for retrieving setting values since that can be done even a hundred times per page load and it's unnecessary to load the values directly from the database all the time.

All in all the call stack size has decreased by over 50% since I ran a profiler for the first time, so I believe the whole thing should work way better on slow hardware at the moment even though there are still areas that could be improved.

I've also looked into using a different library for resizing images (in purpose of finding the fastest one) but I'll have to do some speed comparisons first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [BETA] XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by negge - 2013-07-24, 09:58
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9