• 10(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
if the webserver fails to start, there is usually a port conflict.. change the port the webserver and try to enable again.
Yeah I forgot to mention that. Many other applications use port 8080 so change it to something random, e.g. 43453 and it should be fine. You can check that the web server is running by browsing to http://<xbmc_ip>:<port>
Ty guys working now.

Other thing is there any way to stream it to Iphone or Ipad? now i get the message cant load movie.
If you can find a media player that can handle the files then it should work, though I don't have any Apple devices so I've never tried.

In other news I just pushed a change which works around some invalid JSON responses from XBMC. There's also a new option to hide the warning about Frodo being incompatible.
I have installed this on OSX 10.8 ML. I haven't fully tested it yet but I have it up and running. It was a combo of the linux install and using xampp. I am sure I didn't need xampp but brew was giving me a fit trying to find everything I needed. So I used the osx version of xampp. I'll do further testing and get it fully running then give my how to. Thanks for making this @negge

You might want to look into using ffmpeg to do transcodes that is what plex and just about everything else in the world uses.

UPDATE:
Seem everything is working fine. I can download and Play playlist through VLC on a local machine.
How to in the works.
OSX install. Tested on 10.8 Mountain Lion so should work on earlier

1. Download the XAMPP installer for OSX from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/ and run it
Unlike windows this wont allow to uncheck unneeded items.
This will automatically run apache and open with test web server page

2. Open the file /Applications/XAMPP/etc/php.ini (true path /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/etc/php.ini) and remove the leading semi-colon from the line reading ;extension=php_openssl.dll. Save the file.

3. If you don't have git installed download it at http://git-scm.com/downloads/ and run it not
xcode doesn't install command line version if you happen to have that installed already

4. Run the following commands one by one in terminal

cd /Applications/XAMPP/htdocs
git clone git://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-server.git
cd xbmc-video-server
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php -d detect_unicode=Off
php -d detect_unicode=Off composer.phar install
./src/protected/yiic createinitialdatabase
./src/protected/yiic setpermissions

5. Open /Applications/XAMPP/manager-osx.app and restart apache

6. Test run visit http://localhost/xbmc-video-server/
@aircool00: is it okay with you if I copy these instructions to the readme?
(2013-09-07, 01:32)aircool00 Wrote: You might want to look into using ffmpeg to do transcodes that is what plex and just about everything else in the world uses.

I have been looking into this lately and I think I've figured out how to do it. Will take some time to implement though, I have a lot of other things going on at the moment. Patches are always welcome of course.
You may post it.

I am not a coder, just a long time script kiddy. I could only dig up some similar projects that use it and give sources thats about it. I wish I could help code. I might be able to get someone I know to take a look at it and try to get him to give it a shot. This is a great project and I think it is needed for XBMC.
Thanks, I've added the instructions to the README now. I've also added some new media aspect ratio flags according to 3182 (PR).
I guess there isn't any simple way to make this work for Frodo?

If there isn't then I gues I have to wait for Gotham final Smile
(2013-09-12, 11:27)Blaxxor Wrote: I guess there isn't any simple way to make this work for Frodo?

If there isn't then I gues I have to wait for Gotham final Smile

Only thing that doesn't work is seeking in a video, and one guy reported that the video wouldn't start playing until the whole file had been buffered (which totally defeats the purpose of streaming). Other than that it works just fine.
First of all, this is just what I was looking for and I've got it setup and working on my home network, but I'm stumped when it comes to accessing the service over the internet. This is my backend settings:

What should the url be? Huh Tongue
You'll need to use a hostname that is accessible from the Internet. Using "localhost" will only work when XBMC Video Server is installed on the same machine as XBMC, and it will only work on that machine.

Search this thread and you'll find people who have asked the very same question and resolved it.
I thought I had to create the advancedsettings.xml file and use the following code to set a new hostname:
PHP Code:
<hosts>
  <
entry name="xpronic-xmbc">192.168.0.2</entry>
</
hosts
But that doesn't work, I just get an error 500.

I've also looked back through the pages on how to get it working, but I don't know how to get a dns setup to enable internet access. I thought using the advancedsettings.xml method was the correct way. I apologise in advance if I've missed something that is blatantly obvious lol. Angel
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9