XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
(2013-10-23, 23:29)Ashran Wrote: I have progress. I put the same port (800) I chose for xbmc webserver and I have a list of movies now (and tv shows). I can access the profile of the movie or the serie and download the .m3u but when I try to read it on vlc I got the following message (in french, sorry):

Votre média d'entrée ne peut être ouvert:
VLC ne peut pas ouvrir « http://ashran.dragonpress.net/xbmc-rever....Tvrip.avi ». Vérifiez les messages pour plus de détails.

I must have done something wrong, but what....

Remove the "proxy location" from the settings and see if it works then. Most likely you set up the proxy incorrectly. I'm gonna put up some more detialed and explained instructions in the README, at the time it was written (perhaps incorrectly) assumed that it would be a fairly unused feature.

@Livin: I've been looking into transcoding but haven't started any work on it yet. Most if not all wrappers in existence don't work for this particular application. One pitfall is some wrappers insist on the input being a local file, which fails in this case since the file is not local. Another fairly common dealbreaker is that most wrappers simply start transcoding to a file on your harddrive, which won't work here. The only way I see it is to make ffmpeg transcode to stdout and serve that output raw over HTTP. At the moment the most complicated part is getting the ffmpeg command line parameters right and to come up with some profiles that fit most usecases.

Also forgot to say thanks to cones for helping others out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [BETA] XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by negge - 2013-10-24, 19:32
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9