XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
I was hoping you could help me figure out why I cant access the server from outside my network. I have the server and xbmc installed on the same machine and am able to access it on my network. I have the backend host set to my ip address on the machine. I went into my router and forwarded two ports to that ip address.the 80 and 8080 one a HTTP (80) and UDP/TCP (8080). I try to access the server using this address http://IP adress/xbmc-video-server/ and it comes up as a blank page outside my home network. I am a novice at this what step did I miss.I read something earlier that i may have to create a dns name, if so where is the best place to do this. The other problem I have been having on my home network is that for some files when i click the download link it trys to play it in the browser but with no sound. Other movies it just tries to download it. I know frodo doesnt do backend streaming but what is causing this?

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by willburstyle06 - 2014-02-21, 09:49
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9