XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
It seems Skype was the culprit here actually.. Changed the port of Apache to something else and Skype doesn't seem to affect video-quality anymore, tho I have not tested with a conversation active. Earlier just launching skype created artifacts in the video, and just to be clear I'm on a 25/25, and skype uses like .2, so its not a bandwidth issue. Skype used to distort, and sometimes kill the videostream, and if I tried to resume it with skype running on the computer it would 95% of the time just get killed after 3-7 seconds. It seems having skype running on my laptop actually was able to mess up the stream from my backend to my gaming PC..? Guess changing ports was a good idea at least =)

Dont know where to run this command from tho:

"After saving the file also have to run sudo a2enmod headers proxy_http && sudo service apache2 restart." ?

Remember that sudo from playing with linux on my RasPi, guess its some other command in windows?
Tried just pasting it in the shell from apache dir, but that did nothing.. So for now I can't use the proxy thingy, it seems like ive done things correctly, but it tries to play the files through the port I specified for Apache, instead of the port used by XBMC, and the file wont play. Once I remove the proxy from backend settings it reverts to the xbmc port, and things work again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by Darre - 2014-03-26, 03:04
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9