• 28(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
ok i have it all up and running and i must say its pretty awesome, i am having one issue i could use some help with.

when i click to watch/download a film/show and i open the stream in vlc media player i get the following error.

"Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://192.168.0.5/xbmc-vfs/smb%3a%2f%2fMATRIX%2fXMBC%20Media%2fTv%20Shows%2fFamily%20Guy%2fSeason%2001%2fFamily.Guy.S01E01.SD%20TV.avi'. Check the log for details."

ok so i have figured out it was the reverse proxy was the issue, so reverted back to std and i can now stream and download but the behaviour is strange for eg:

if i click to watch an item i get dialogue box to open with VLC and works fine or i can save the M3u to say my desktop

if i click Download its just starts playing directly in my browser window on firefox using vlc plugin i have installed

Ressolved - disabled VLC firefox web browser plugin and get download dialogue as per normal, although i like the fact can use vlc pluggin in in firfox and play video directly in the browser
im encountering some weird issue when trying to download files, most of the files when you select download link/icon work fine no issues, but some of the files when you click download it actually tried to play the video file in browser and then an error pops up " video cant be displayed file is corrupt".

strange thing is if i right click the file and save target as instead i can download without issue, this only happens on couple of my files any reason why it would be behaving this way given most other files work fine without issue?

further testing in multiple browsers this is only happening on firefox which is odd
Hi,

I have modified the CSS files to make the colors more harmonious :
- Soft purple on the background,
- disappearance of the blue color on buttons replaced by the same greens existing
- On welcome page (login page) transparency of the login page with customizable background image

You have to put a background image in folder :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\images\

And the name of background image must be named as :

Quote:bg.jpg

Like that :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\images\bg.jpg

Two CSS files must be replaced :

Quote:login-min.css
styles-min.css

In folder :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\css

If anyone want those files they are here : CSS green purple
@sp8ced21 the browser controls what happens when you click a link, this is why it sometimes attempts to handle the file itself by playing it with the VLC plugin. The idea is that clicking the Download link should always open the "Save as" dialog, but in Firefox it won't do it unless you configure a reverse proxy.

@Galixte: Unfortunately I'm not interested in changing the visual appearance at the moment.
@Galixte: the buttons are supposed to have different colors, that's how you designate which button is the "primary" button (like OK vs. Cancel) when there are more than one next to each other.
(2014-05-26, 11:37)negge Wrote: @Galixte: the buttons are supposed to have different colors, that's how you designate which button is the "primary" button (like OK vs. Cancel) when there are more than one next to each other.

I have replaced the Blue color (http://www.color-hex.com/color/3498db) with the same green than the Watch button. I put two green colors for the hover move of the mouse or not.

Have you testing my modified CSS files ?
ok so im having issues connecting to my files from outside my home network could use some help figuring it out, when im on my local connection i can access xbmc webserver see all my files and stream or download them with no issues, when i connect from outside my local network i can access the webserver see all my files but i can stream or download them just get an error every time i try as below

"Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://my-ip-address/vfs/smb%3a%2f%2fMATRIX%2fXMBC%20Media%2fTv%20Shows%2fFamily%20Guy%2fSeason%2001%2fFa​mily.Guy.S01E01.SD%20TV.avi'. Check the log for details."

i have forwarded all ports to xbmc ip on 80 and 8080 which is what i have set in xbmc, i have xbmc on local machine which pull my files from a synology nas server, i cant figure out why works fine locally but not outside my network seems i have def opended ports otherwise i would not be able to access the xbmc webserver from outside my local network.

anyone have any idea or suggestions to help resolve this id be very grateful
(2014-05-26, 20:05)Galixte Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 11:37)negge Wrote: @Galixte: the buttons are supposed to have different colors, that's how you designate which button is the "primary" button (like OK vs. Cancel) when there are more than one next to each other.

I have replaced the Blue color (http://www.color-hex.com/color/3498db) with the same green than the Watch button. I put two green colors for the hover move of the mouse or not.

Haven't gotten around to it yet. It would be great if you could submit a pull request on Github, I think I linked some instructions in one of the issue threads.

@sp8ced21: that's because my-ip-address in the URL you posted is an internal IP address which is only accesible on your local network. The easiest way to make it work is to configure the reverse proxy correctly, that way it doesn't matter if you use an internal address or not. Also look in this thread, there are others who have had the very same issue and there are various available solutions.
(2014-05-26, 21:12)negge Wrote:
(2014-05-26, 20:05)Galixte Wrote:

Haven't gotten around to it yet. It would be great if you could submit a pull request on Github, I think I linked some instructions in one of the issue threads.

I will do that as Template Customized branch.

(2014-05-26, 06:51)Galixte Wrote: Hi,

I have modified the CSS files to make the colors more harmonious :
- Soft purple on the background,
- disappearance of the blue color on buttons replaced by the same greens existing
- On welcome page (login page) transparency of the login page with customizable background image

You have to put a background image in folder :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\images\

And the name of background image must be named as :

Quote:bg.jpg

Like that :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\images\bg.jpg

Two CSS files must be replaced :

Quote:login-min.css
styles-min.css

In folder :

Code:
\xbmc-video-server\src\css

If anyone want those files they are here : CSS green purple

I have adding CSS files for Master branch and Transcoding branch.

Always the same link : CSS Green Purple

You can see some screenshots of this template (19 first photos)
thanks alot for your guidance negge i appreciate it finally sorted and i can access it from the internet now aswell Smile just took a addition to hosts and then putting right details in reverse proxy thanks again.

on a side note, is it possible to look have the option for Season Art Covers? just looks a little bland with just season 1/2/3 etc be nice to have the season dvd poster next to each season. and have the option to have a list view or grid view on individual season like we have for films.

other than that its awesome and i love it and thank you for developing this Smile
@sp8ced21: very good suggestion regarding the season art, I've created a ticket here which you can subscribe to if you want to know the progress on it. Unfortunately there's not much information regarding individual seasons available through the API so I think the only reasonable thing that can be added to the season list is the cover art and the number of episodes available.
Just set this up and running into some issues. I can log in locally with my local address from another computer. It looks nice just like the screenshots.

Problem 1: I try to play a file and its .m3u ? My vids should all be .m4v using the mp4 container? Media Player wont play it.

Problem 2: I logged in from my iPhone using my external IP to test it. The skin is totally different than the screenshots and how it looked when I logged in from a second PC using my local network address. It also doesn't work right. When I scroll through the movies I'll reach the end and they just all disappear and won't reload. Also when I play a movie it starts on my server right in front of me. It doesn't stream on the phone. It's like I am using a fancy XBMC remote.

Problem 3: Probably just noobish on my end, but I can't get my dns name to work. Page won't load. I opened a "virtual server" port 80 on the router to forward to the servers local network address. Did I miss something? Also when I logged in using the actual external IP itself, I used IP:8080 if that helps.

EDIT: Went back in and changed my hostname back to default "ubuntu" and also edited backend to match. Now when I log in locally through my networked computer I can steam video through the router, after I enter authentication (didn't ask for this before).

EDIT: Second update! Now after ^ above changes, I type my DNS name and I reach apache IT WORKS! page. Before it was just, Page won't load.
Sorry!~

I have gotten it to work on the local network perfectly. I have to set the hostname (in xbmc-video-server) as the local network address. Additionally, I am able to connect externally to the server using my DNS name >> DNS/xbmc-video-server. I figured out unless I use /xbmc-video-server it will not use the screenshot layouts.

Problem now: If I use my DNS name in the address/hostname, the local and external methods will both simply just timeout when streaming.
If I use my local address 192.168.x.x/xbmc-video-server then my network computer works perfectly.
Lastly, none of these options let me stream to my iPhone. They all simply return hostname doesn't match, or they simply just timeout.
Twiggz Wrote:Problem 1: I try to play a file and its .m3u ? My vids should all be .m4v using the mp4 container? Media Player wont play it.

That's by design. You can disable this behavior from the settings, that will serve you the .m4v file directly when you click Watch. On a second thought this should probably happen on mobile devices as well since many probably support some kind of video formats but not M3U files per se.

Twiggz Wrote:Problem 2: I logged in from my iPhone using my external IP to test it. The skin is totally different than the screenshots and how it looked when I logged in from a second PC using my local network address. It also doesn't work right. When I scroll through the movies I'll reach the end and they just all disappear and won't reload. Also when I play a movie it starts on my server right in front of me. It doesn't stream on the phone. It's like I am using a fancy XBMC remote.

You're probably using the actual XBMC web interface since there is no way you could start playing a movie on your HTPC using this application. You've probably forwarded the port to the wrong computer or wrong port.

Twiggz Wrote:Problem now: If I use my DNS name in the address/hostname, the local and external methods will both simply just timeout when streaming.
If I use my local address 192.168.x.x/xbmc-video-server then my network computer works perfectly.

I highly suggest you look at the "Proxy location" part of the readme and configure it, that will save you some trouble in this regard.

Twiggz Wrote:Lastly, none of these options let me stream to my iPhone. They all simply return hostname doesn't match, or they simply just timeout.

Previously you said it worked on your phone but that it looked different. Does it work or not (you should see the login screen if you browse to the right location). Take a screenshot or a photo of your device if you can cause I'm not familiar with iPhones at all.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9