XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Just set this up and running into some issues. I can log in locally with my local address from another computer. It looks nice just like the screenshots.

Problem 1: I try to play a file and its .m3u ? My vids should all be .m4v using the mp4 container? Media Player wont play it.

Problem 2: I logged in from my iPhone using my external IP to test it. The skin is totally different than the screenshots and how it looked when I logged in from a second PC using my local network address. It also doesn't work right. When I scroll through the movies I'll reach the end and they just all disappear and won't reload. Also when I play a movie it starts on my server right in front of me. It doesn't stream on the phone. It's like I am using a fancy XBMC remote.

Problem 3: Probably just noobish on my end, but I can't get my dns name to work. Page won't load. I opened a "virtual server" port 80 on the router to forward to the servers local network address. Did I miss something? Also when I logged in using the actual external IP itself, I used IP:8080 if that helps.

EDIT: Went back in and changed my hostname back to default "ubuntu" and also edited backend to match. Now when I log in locally through my networked computer I can steam video through the router, after I enter authentication (didn't ask for this before).

EDIT: Second update! Now after ^ above changes, I type my DNS name and I reach apache IT WORKS! page. Before it was just, Page won't load.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by Twiggz - 2014-05-27, 17:20
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9