• 32(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
The new WOL check also happens when there's no server configured yet.

components/Controller.php:
Code:
-                       'checkBackendConnectivity - backend/waitForConnectivity, backend/ajaxCheckConnectivity, site/login',
+                       'checkBackendConnectivity - backend/waitForConnectivity, backend/ajaxCheckConnectivity, site/login, backend/create',

fixes that, but then:

"Property "Backend.subnetMask" is not defined."
becomes a problem.

The WOL patch needs to be tested on a pristine install, going through the motions of adding an XBMC instance for the first time.
@madeddie, you're right about the fact that it's the new WOL stuff that is the culprit. I was going to fix it at work but my virtual machine still had Ubuntu 12.04 on it so I had to update it first.
Hello,

I just reinstalled Windows 8.1 and start my XBMC on a new clean system.
I installed XBMC first and then did your installation guide step by step.

Everything went fine until the "Initial setup" part.
I went to my-xbmc/xbmc-video-server/ and logged in with admin / admin combination.

This redirected me to my-xbmc/xbmc-video-server/src/backend/create where the following error is:
Fatal error: Call to a member function isConnectable() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\components\Controller.php on line 100

Is it because I didn't check the SQL in XAMPP installation?

Or does this command ".\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase" not work?
It didn't gave me any feedback.
(2014-06-09, 12:28)drahmanas Wrote: Hi all, after login i receiving this error "Fatal error: Call to a member function isConnectable() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\components\Controller.php on line 100"

I have the same issue, reported this on the github project page Github - xbmc-video-server issue report #149
If you want to use it before the update you can download it manually https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se.../1.4.3.zip

And ignore the "git clone" step in the guide, simply paste the files in your htdocs folder. Works fine for me
(2014-06-11, 20:43)a5447402 Wrote: If you want to use it before the update you can download it manually https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se.../1.4.3.zip

And ignore the "git clone" step in the guide, simply paste the files in your htdocs folder. Works fine for me

Thanks, will try tomorow.
Now I have the problem that when I set up the proxy everything seems to be very slow, when I open a .m3u stream I have to wait around 3 - 5 seconds until the video starts. When I jump somewhere into the middle I have to wait again a few seconds, it doesn't feel as smooth as without the proxy.

Are there any tricks to speed this up a bit?

And the episodes of a tv show seems to be wrong ordered.
New version available: 1.5.1
  • added missing column to the schema files (fixes #150)
  • fixed some JavaScript errors on the initial backend configuration page
  • added ability to change language and log out while the application is not yet fully configured
  • moved the backend connectivity check to MediaController (fixes #149, #146)
  • other minor fixes and improvements

This should hopefully fix all the various issues that have cropped up since the WOL support was introduced, plus some other minor things. From now on you can also check the CHANGELOG.md file for any updates.

a5447402 Wrote:Or does this command ".\src\protected\yiic createinitialdatabase" not work?
It didn't gave me any feedback.

That's fine, it's not supposed to output anything. What it does is It creates the database file xbmc-video-server.db and runs the SQL commands from schema.sqlite.sql on it.

a5447402 Wrote:Now I have the problem that when I set up the proxy everything seems to be very slow, when I open a .m3u stream I have to wait around 3 - 5 seconds until the video starts. When I jump somewhere into the middle I have to wait again a few seconds, it doesn't feel as smooth as without the proxy.

Are there any tricks to speed this up a bit?

Which operating system are you using? It's not supposed to be any slower at all, unless the computer that runs the proxy (and thus XBMC Video Server) is on a WLAN connection. If so you should definitiely not use the proxy feature since all traffic will go through that computer instead of directly to XBMC.

a5447402 Wrote:And the episodes of a tv show seems to be wrong ordered.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Could you paste a screenshot?
Thanks for the update, I will install it today! Smile

In my case everything runs on the same machine:

Windows 8.1, it'directly connected to a Gigabit Switch so there shouldn't be any performance issues this side. I can read/write on my nas which is plugged in on the same switch with ~100 Megabyte / sec

Hardware is
ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M
AMD A6-6400k with integrated APU
4 GB RAM

This is how my order looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/dJn1kCV.png

In XBMC it shows the correct order, so it isn't wrong tagged there.

=======================================================
Order seems to be fixed in the new version
(2014-06-12, 09:57)negge Wrote: ...
a5447402 Wrote:And the episodes of a tv show seems to be wrong ordered.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Could you paste a screenshot?

Hi,

because a5447402 use the version 1.4.3 of the application, see that :

(2014-06-11, 20:43)a5447402 Wrote: If you want to use it before the update you can download it manually https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se.../1.4.3.zip

After updating it will get better
Indeed, there was an issue but it was fixed.

@Galixte: there's a new string in Backend.php that needs translating, if you mind feel free to create a pull request.
@a5447402: is everything slow when using a proxy or just streaming? You can check the maximum speed it uses if you download a file.
When I use a proxy its just the stream which is way too slow.

But the usual webinterface isn't that fast as it shoudl be as a local application.
When I click on a season I've never clicked on before it takes ~10 seconds until I can see the episodes and then it takes ~30 seconds until every picture is loaded.
But these times are the same with or without the proxy.

All in all it doesn't feel smooth like other websites (even on the internet)

But since the last update I can't get the stream work anymore, I always get

Error 500
The current backend is not connectable at the moment

And can't access my tv shows for a few minutes until the error disappears.

Maybe I should start a new clean XBMC profile

------------------------------------------------------------
I downloaded a file from this htpc from network share and got constant 113 Megabyte / sec download speed

------------------------------------------------------------
When I connect to my "official" xbmc webinterface (8080 port) it shows every image instantly
has anyone managed to install this on a synology disk station??, id love to get this installed on my server rather than my local machine that way its always connected to the net. and using WOL will let me wake up xbmc on local machine.

if anyone with the skills to do this id love you forever for a how too guide, negge is is any chance of a how too for this?? synology is linux kernal based but cant use you linux install guide.
Hi negge,

could you update, entirely the first post of this thread, especially the sections : "Features" and "Screenshots" ?
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9