• 35(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
MP4 can be streamed by VLC (i have VLC 2.1.4).

"http://xbmc.mydns./com/xbmc-vfs/smb%3a%2f%2fMATRIX%2fXMBC%20Media%2fMovies%2fbatteries%20not%20included%20(1987)%2fbatteries%20not%20included%20(1987).mp4"

Your URL begin by xbmc.mydns./com it's strange no ? Why that's not xbmc.mydns.com ?
That's indeed strange. If that's not a copy-paste error, please report it on Github.
yeah was a typo lol here is same one straight out of vlc error log, weird thing is vlc has not updated and only thing i changed locally in last 48 hours is having fiber bb installed and a different modem to go with it, to make sure it wasnt something i deleted did a clean install on the video server from scratch but same issues can be downloaded fine then played locally.

Quote:VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'http://xmbc.mydns.net/xbmc-vfs/smb%3a%2f%2fMATRIX%2fXMBC%20Media%2fMovies%2f3%20Days%20to%20Kill%20(2014)%2f3%20Days%20to%20Kill%20(2014).mp4' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details.

as final test i downloaded gom player as its another player ive heard good things about and plays alot of media like vlc and here comes the weird bit streams the files without issue on the gom player this issue/bug only affects vlc which is freaking weird lol. considering vlc hasnt been updated and i removed and reinstalled that aswell just in case it corrupted or something but still no joy.

i cant figure out why vlc not working its my defacto preferred player but i will switch to gom player if needed.
I had the same issue with VLC because my domain was activated with IPV6 and IPV4.

When i have desactivated IPV6, the streaming worked again
I use IPv6 for almost everything and I haven't had this problem. You could try running VLC from the command-line with the "verbose" switches to see what is actually going on and why it's failing. Something like "vlc -vvv <url>".
(2014-06-29, 19:41)negge Wrote: I use IPv6 for almost everything and I haven't had this problem. You could try running VLC from the command-line with the "verbose" switches to see what is actually going on and why it's failing. Something like "vlc -vvv <url>".

cool thanks for the info will check it out.
CHANGELOG.md Wrote:#### 1.6.0
* upgrade the icons to use Font Awesome 4.1, and drop Fontastic
* fix the viewport scaling on mobile devices, now it should switch to showing
thumbnails in grid view mode when the phone is tilted
* use the same default display mode regardless of device now that grid view
works better on phones
* indicate watched status for movies, TV shows, seasons and episodes
* persist the user's selected display mode so it doesn't change from session to
session or browser to browser

#### 1.5.4
* use Grunt to concatenate and minify scripts
* scroll to the top of the page when moving between result pages
* don't save the subnet mask for a backend if no MAC address has been specified
* a bunch of code improvements
thanks for the update working nicely Smile
CHANGELOG.md Wrote:#### 1.7.0
* add support for PLS and XSPF playlists. The playlist format can be changed from the settings. XSPF playlists support item images, so if you open a movie playlist in VLC you'll see the movie poster
* lots of various code improvements
Thanks for the updates!! I just got mine fully up and working, and its exactly what I've been looking for! I had a couple questions.

1. For the watched status - if we set up other users in user management, can they have their own watched status rather then them changing our db? Or is there any thoughts to doing this in future?

2. Mine seems to be working like 80% of the time and then occasionally throws an error 500 'the backend is currently unavailable'. If I wait a few seconds and refresh or go back to the home page it works again. I thought i was fighting for a port number so I changed the port number being used by XBMC Web Server but that didn't help. Currently both the XBMC Host Server and the Apache Web Server hosting the Video Server are my personal desktop (so I used localhost during the setup of the backend) and the DB for XBMC is housed on my QNAP NAS.

3. That brings me to my 3rd question. I seen some instructions for setting this up on Synology, Would anyone be able to post instructions to set it up on a qnap? I'd love to get it off my personal desktop

Thank you for all your hard work!
(2014-07-04, 22:56)zaleen Wrote: Thanks for the updates!! I just got mine fully up and working, and its exactly what I've been looking for! I had a couple questions.

1. For the watched status - if we set up other users in user management, can they have their own watched status rather then them changing our db? Or is there any thoughts to doing this in future?

2. Mine seems to be working like 80% of the time and then occasionally throws an error 500 'the backend is currently unavailable'. If I wait a few seconds and refresh or go back to the home page it works again. I thought i was fighting for a port number so I changed the port number being used by XBMC Web Server but that didn't help. Currently both the XBMC Host Server and the Apache Web Server hosting the Video Server are my personal desktop (so I used localhost during the setup of the backend) and the DB for XBMC is housed on my QNAP NAS.

3. That brings me to my 3rd question. I seen some instructions for setting this up on Synology, Would anyone be able to post instructions to set it up on a qnap? I'd love to get it off my personal desktop

Thank you for all your hard work!

i wouldnt use localhost for ip for backend, i have had nothing but niggles and issues just put in your local ip insteap, the watched flags unfortunatley are global and cant be set for individuals as this info is not passed by xbmc api.

as for setup on qnap from what i know about the qnap setup should be fairly similar, setup personal web folder first then you will have to use something like putty to ssh into root user to install setup and install will be exactly same as synology ect the folder directories may be slightly different, i posted the setup for synology after three weeks of trial and error figuring it out, you can just copy windows files from your pc for the video server straight to your web folder on the qnap and it will work but only issues is updating it but even this can be overcome you would just have to update in on your windows machine then recopy the files, only thing you will have to figure out is for the reverse proxy you will need to know where you qnap stores the main httpd file so you can add the reverse proxy in google may be a good source for this or qnap forums,
ultimatley my synology guide with a few slight differences should get you there, hope that helps.
heres a link to qnap forum about setting up reverse proxies should help in your endevours

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=59272
hey negge, can i pick your brain, when i download files they seem to fail 5-10 min in the download and dont sucessfully download the full file, any idea what might be causing this?
I am able to download everything with git via the instructions listed, however when I attempt to access the initial setup via localhost/xbmc-video-server, it sends me to a directory listing the files. In the /var/log/apache2/error.log it shows
Code:
[Sun Jul 06 12:26:38 2014] [error] [client 192.168.2.7] File does not exist: /var/www/xbmc-video-server/src/site, referer: http://192.168.2.99/xbmc-video-server/
which I would assume is the issue. I'm not quite sure where to go from here, any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you replace localhost by the IP adresse of your XBMC Server ?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9