XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
CHANGELOG.md Wrote:#### 1.6.9
* show a friendlier error message when "Update library" is clicked and the backend is unconnectable
* log the full request body when an API call produces an error. This makes debugging easier.
* add ability to play compatible files directly in the browser
* performance improvements, especially on the movie browse page
* fixed incorrect URL in the backend form

The in-browser playback support is only offered when the file has H.264/AAC as video/audio codec and the container is MP4 (determined by looking at the filename, if you use .m4v or some other non-standard you'll have to rename your files or open an issue on Github). I've tested with Palemoon, Chrome, IE11 and Chrome on Android and it seems to work fine, though I haven't tested watching an entire movie using this method. If something doesn't work for you, please open an issue on Github.

The movie index page should be slightly faster with the latest update (make sure you follow the update instructions on the wiki, it's not enough to run just "git pull"). I've upstreamed some performance improvements to one of the library used under the hood, plus added some harmless caching here and there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents - by negge - 2014-09-20, 14:03
Reverse Proxy Problem - by tsthomas - 2014-10-23, 19:20
Doctor Who xmas Specials - by ZennMystic - 2015-12-31, 02:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9