• 47(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Is there a way to increase the default 10 second timeout while trying to load the library? I have a massive TV collection that will need a bit more time before causing an exception.
Will this addon become available for OSMC/Kodi?
(2015-02-26, 01:42)rydbirk Wrote: Will this addon become available for OSMC/Kodi?

Nevermind, installed Kodi in Windows and added RPi (OSMC) as FTP source --> streaming home depository possible anywhere, anytime.
It's not very clear from the first post (and no, I didn't read all 47 pages of the thread), but does it stream in the web-interface (like your own youtube)?
I cannot recall my admin username or password. Can someone please help me reset or recover this?
@zeeshan0581 only you can do that. Unfortunately since the login system is very basic, there's no functionality to reset it like receiving an e-mail or something like that. The only thing you can do is pretty much this:

1. Download Firefox and its SQLite Manager addon.
2. Open the SQLite manager from Tools -> SQLite Manager
3. Choose File -> Connect to database and select the xbmc-video-server.db file which is located in src/protected/data
4. Find the table where users are stored, find the row for the "admin" user, edit the row so that the password is "admin".
5. Close the window and log in using "admin" as both username and password. After that you should change the password from the web interface.

Let me know if the above doesn't work for you.
hey there love the application, ive even got iphones playing the stream (requires chrome) not safari and a reverse proxy running

unfortunately it only seems to parse the movies directory properly?
here is the error log when i try browsing the tv shows
PHP Code:
exception 'CHttpException' with message 'Exception caught while calling XBMC API: Read timed out after 10 seconds (1000)' in C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\components\XBMC.php:170

Stack trace
:

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\components\XBMC.php(110): XBMC->handleRequestException(Object(SimpleJsonRpcClient\Exception\ClientException), Object(SimpleJsonRpcClient\Request\Request))

#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\components\XBMC.php(76): XBMC->performRequestUncached('VideoLibrary.Ge...', Array, 0)

#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\models\VideoLibrary.php(155): XBMC->performRequest('VideoLibrary.Ge...', Array)

#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\models\VideoLibrary.php(68): VideoLibrary::getTVShows(Array)

#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\widgets\filter\VideoFilter.php(141): VideoLibrary::getActors('tvshow')

#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\widgets\filter\VideoFilter.php(119): VideoFilter->{closure}()

#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\widgets\filter\VideoFilter.php(142): VideoFilter->getTypeaheadSource('MovieFilterActo...', Object(Closure))

#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\widgets\filter\TVShowFilter.php(26): VideoFilter->getActorNameTypeaheadData('tvshow')

#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\widgets\filter\VideoFilter.php(52): TVShowFilter->renderControls()

#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CBaseController.php(173): VideoFilter->run()

#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\views\tvShow\index.php(13): CBaseController->widget('TVShowFilter', Array)

#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CBaseController.php(126): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')

#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CBaseController.php(95): CBaseController->renderInternal('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array, true)

#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(869): CBaseController->renderFile('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array, true)

#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(782): CController->renderPartial('index', Array, true)

#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\controllers\MediaController.php(218): CController->render('index', Array)

#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\controllers\TvShowController.php(38): MediaController->renderIndex(Array, Object(TVShowFilterForm))

#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\actions\CInlineAction.php(49): TvShowController->actionIndex()

#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(308): CInlineAction->runWithParams(Array)

#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(133): CController->runAction(Object(CInlineAction))

#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilter.php(40): CFilterChain->run()

#21 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(130): CFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#22 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilter.php(40): CFilterChain->run()

#23 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(1145): CFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#24 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CInlineFilter.php(58): CController->filterAccessControl(Object(CFilterChain))

#25 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(130): CInlineFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#26 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilter.php(40): CFilterChain->run()

#27 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(130): CFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#28 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\controllers\base\Controller.php(78): CFilterChain->run()

#29 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CInlineFilter.php(58): Controller->filterCheckConfiguration(Object(CFilterChain))

#30 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(130): CInlineFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#31 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\protected\controllers\base\Controller.php(61): CFilterChain->run()

#32 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CInlineFilter.php(58): Controller->filterRequireLogin(Object(CFilterChain))

#33 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\filters\CFilterChain.php(130): CInlineFilter->filter(Object(CFilterChain))

#34 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(291): CFilterChain->run()

#35 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CController.php(265): CController->runActionWithFilters(Object(CInlineAction), Array)

#36 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(282): CController->run('index')

#37 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('tvShow/index')

#38 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\vendor\yiisoft\yii\framework\base\CApplication.php(180): CWebApplication->processRequest()

#39 C:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc-video-server\src\index.php(17): CApplication->run()

#40 {main}

REQUEST_URI=/xbmc-video-server/src/tvShow/index

HTTP_REFERER
=http://therapebox.cr.rs:8087/xbmc-video-server/src/log/105

--- 

i saw earlier in this thread that you suggested trying localhost:port/jsonrpc but that is just a blank screen for me could this be why?

any help would be appreciated
It seems it's taking too long to retrieve the list of TV shows which causes the request to fail. What hardware are you running Kodi on? At the moment the request timeout cannot be changed (it just uses the default value of an underlying library which handles the communication), but I guess I have to add that.
(2015-02-19, 21:00)mrlindstrom Wrote: Is there a way to increase the default 10 second timeout while trying to load the library? I have a massive TV collection that will need a bit more time before causing an exception.

It seems @phyzical has the same issue as you do. I'm sorry for the trouble, I never thought a request could possibly take more than 10 seconds to complete (it's just a bunch of text transferred anyway).

I'll report back when I've made any progress on this issue.
@negge

kodi is running on my htpc using windows 8.1, my kodi install also using a mysql install to index my shows ultimately why i like your app over plex 1 less index to worry about,
anyway my tv show library is quite large but they are all located on the same pc kodi, media , xbmc-video -server, mysql

hope that help confirm your suspicions
Can you check if it also takes a long time to load the list of TV shows in Kodi's own web interface?
through the web interface it takes under a second so i guess that doesn't help.
there is an ios app called "xbmc commander" that used to struggle to load my tv show libary, still does though it seems that they made it a bit better, anyway it still does take a long time aswell.
Can you attempt to measure how long it takes for "XBMC Commander"?
it doesn't seem to want to load now... just hangs when loading movies or tv shows, if it gets working i will try to time.

what is the relevance out of curiosity.

also i ran the kodi interface from another pc and tv shows took 6 seconds to load, first time was possibly from a cache?
I'm just curious about what a sane default request timeout should be if 10 seconds is not enough.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9